If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Silence

Today is Day 24 of the 31 Day Writing Challenge with a prompt from Five Minute Friday. The prompt for today is "Silence."


The first thing that comes to mind is "Silence Is Golden."  There were times when the girls were still home that I would've given almost anything for a little silence. It wasn't them so much, but more their music. When they were teens their music was always blasting and it would drive me crazy. Of course, it's a very short trip. lol 

Now things are a little quieter except for when the dog goes crazy barking. But fortunately that doesn't last real long. With just hubby and I it can get a little quiet. But I wouldn't say it's silent. We talk a lot and then there's TV in the evenings. But we neither one listen to music very often. I'm really not sure why, because I listened to it all the time before we married. But nevertheless we don't listen much now. 

So there is more silence, but sometimes I can miss those girls.  But their music...not so much!

2 comments:

  1. I love silence - in fact, sometimes I crave it. Somehow, it recharges my batteries.

    I'm like you; I want to have my girls back home, but not so much their music!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy