1. It's October so let's get this out there first thing...have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so?
Nope, not at all. Although I have been eyeing the pumpkin pie at Frisch's. My sister took a piece to my dad on Saturday when we were visiting and looked so good. Dad loved it!!
2. "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld
What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?
How about the 31 day Writing Challenge? I never thought I'd be able to write that much, but so far I've done 7 days. That's really good for me, because I don't consider myself much of a writer. But maybe it was the "lack of will" or I just didn't want to think that hard. lol Thanks Joyce, for encouraging me to give it a try. Don't know if I'll make the whole 31, but I'm proud of myself so far.
3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?
Ohio is the scarlet carnation and it is very beautiful. But if I were to pick, I'd pick the morning glory.
|Scarlett Carnation (from internet)|
|Morning Glory (from internet)|
Can't think of anything right now.
5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?
Who's the best? I have no idea, but I love listening to David Foster play the piano. Here's a youtube video of David Foster playing St. Elmo's Fire.
6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?
I'm not a S'mores fan. But I'd be glad to eat the Hershey bar for you and you can keep the rest. :)
Haven't sat round a fire pit in a long time and probably won't be doing it this year either. No real fall bucket list, except to maybe get some pretty fall pictures.
7. Your favorite small town? Why?
Lebanon, OH, because it's my home town.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My random thought is the 31 Day Writing Challenge.
Day 7 of the 31 Day Writing Challenge with a prompt from 5 Minute Friday. The prompt for today is "Love."
The first thing that comes to my mind is, "Love is a many splendored thing." lol
I mean, I've already talked about loving my family and loving my home. So, I really don't know exactly where to go with this particular post.
What is love (besides a many splendored thing)? Love can be a feeling , an emotion, an attitude, etc. But something else it is, is a choice. I think we can choose to love someone. When someone hurts me, I can choose to be angry and hate them or I can choose to forgive and love them.
I believe the Bible teaches us to forgive and to love. It's not always easy, but it is the right thing to do. After all, Jesus did it for us. He chose to forgive us of our sins and love us. And as I live this life, I'm trying to become more like Him, so I choose to love too, with His help.