1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar?
The Beach...and we are here now. The first day has been rainy, but it has been wonderful. I got up early, but it was too overcast to see the sunrise. It was surprisingly warm, so I sat out on the balcony and read my devotions and just enjoyed the sound of the crashing waves. I've done some reading and some napping and recuperating from the long drive yesterday. Heading out to dinner soon with hubby's parents. All in all, it's been a perfect first day.
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
I need 3 of them. I'd send them to my brother and two sisters, thanking them for all they do for our dad and all they did for our mom. In fact, thanks for the reminder. I need to go pick up some cards tomorrow.
3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
Sourdough, unless the cinnamon is cinnamon toast with lots of butter and sugar.
4. What's something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
Yarn. Yes, it's a good thing, except most of what I have isn't the kind I want for the projects I'm currently wanting to make. But that's okay. I'll use the other sooner or later, or I'll pass it on to someone else. A lot of it was yarn that was given to me, so I'll find something to do with it or give it away.
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who's your favorite redhead?
Nope, no redheads in my family. Well, for goodness sakes, who is everyone's favorite redhead? Lucille Ball, of course!!
|picture from internet|
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
According to the site it is the polar bears at the Cincinnati Zoo. I know I've seen the polar bears there and I'm sure I probably did take a picture, but it's been several years since I've been there, so I know I didn't instagram them. However, they are pretty cool and I'm happy with the choice.
7. I'm going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here's this week's question-
What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for?
That I'm learning to lean on the Lord more and with Him I can survive things I couldn't or wouldn't even imagine before...such as the loss of my brother and my mom and watching my dad more and more being lost inside the world of dementia.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm grateful for this time of rest and relaxation with my husband and also time to spend with his mom and dad. Life is good.