Wednesday, December 9, 2015
1. Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story, or does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you want.
The one that is told the most is the Christmas of the 6 black purses. That year mom had told everyone she wanted a black purse. We girls got some of our old purses and wrapped them and put Mom's name on them. All five of us kids gave her a black purse. The more she opened the funnier it got. She tried to be so gracious about each one. Then we finally told her what was going on and gave her her real gifts. The first one she opened was mine and it was her new real black purse.
2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
Depends on the topic and where I am and who I'm with, I guess.
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
No, I didn't know serenity was a color. They are currently not in my home or wardrobe. However, I especially like the serenity color. That could possibly show up in my home (as we are planning to paint) next year.
4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?
As long as it was temporary, I'd like to be in "Silent Night". I would love to see Christ's in the stable and the angels and wisemen and shepherds worshiping Jesus.
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
Never heard of National Pastry Day and no I don't plan to celebrate. My birthday maybe and we bought a cake. Favorite pastry treat is probably hot fudge cake and I get it from our local Frisch's Restaurant.
6. When it comes to holiday decorating I don't really enjoy the process, but I love the results.
7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
I've had trouble thinking of something. But maybe when I just went and saw Chonda Pierce's movie last month. There were parts that were very funny. But there were alsoparts that made me want to cry. She is one incredible lady.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The sky was absolutely gorgeous tonight. Here are a couple of pictures from my back yard.