If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Stuff

It's been awhile since I've done a weekend Wrap-Up, but I decided to try one today and give it a new name, Weekend Stuff.

Hubby and I put the tree up Thursday night and finally got the lights all plugged in and working. On Friday and Saturday, I got the first box of ornaments on. I still have not done the second box. I love lots and lots of ornaments. Hubby says it's an eclectic style and he is very right. We have multi-colored lights and all different colors and styles of ornaments. I love it that way. Hopefully, I'll get them up after work tonight. Here's the tree with the lights only. 


Friday evening hubby and I stopped and picked up Chinese and had that for supper. It was so good. While we ate we watched "The Librarians" on OnDemand. That's a pretty good show. 

Saturday, we met my sister and her hubby for lunch at the Chophouse. None of us had ever eaten there before. Hubby got a chopped steak and I got the turkey and dressing. My sister and her husband got the park chops. We all liked it and plan to go back again. I love finding a new ( to us) place to eat. The prices were really good too. 

Later I met my sister and her husband at the senior center and we visited with my dad for awhile. It's so hard to see him going downhill so much. Thank God that he still always knows us though. 

My sister and I then went shopping. We bought gifts for twin one-year old girls from our city's giving tree. That is always so much fun every year.  I love getting to shop for little kids each year since our girls are grown. 

Sunday was church and then hubby and I spent the day relaxing. My kinda day. 

So that's my weekend in a nutshell. How was yours?

 

2 comments:

  1. It is fun to shop for kiddos. I always hated when ours grew up too - but now grandbabies are next in line for all the shopping :) It's all about the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an eclectic tree. I prefer that to the more stylized you see so much of now. Mine are never magazine worthy, but the ornaments mean something and we love it. There's a Chophouse here, but we haven't been. I'm sorry about your Dad. I know that's hard, but am so glad he still recognizes you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy