Wednesday, January 27, 2016
If you'd like to play along, click the button above to get the questions, answer them on your blog and then link up on the page where you got the questions. Of course, I'd prefer you leave a comment here first. lol
1. Share a winter memory from your childhood.
I don't really have a particular story. But I remember recess as a child and waiting in line to take a turn running and sliding on the ice. Such fun things. I don't think they let kids do that now for fear they will get hurt and someone will sue them. I'm glad my childhood was in a time that they didn't worry about that so much and they let us just go have fun (within reason, of course)
2. What was on your blog this time last year? (Besides the Hodgepodge of course!) If you weren't blogging, what in the world were you doing with all that free time?
Looks to me like I was posting Lucy and sky pictures, which I still do all the time.
3. Ellen Goodman is quoted as saying, 'We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential.'
Do you see more flaws or more potential in your life at the start of a new year? Have you done anything specific this month to address either one? Does the new year truly begin for you on January 1, or is there some other month of the year that feels like a fresh start and new beginning?
I have a tendency to see more flaws. I'm working on eating less and moving more. Ordered a FITBIT to help me keep track of the moving part. Got it Sunday and used it yesterday. It does kinda motivate me because I want to see those numbers go up. We'll see how it goes.
4. Who's an athlete you admire or respect and why?
I really don't follow sports much. But I've always admire Scott Hamilton.
5. Do you like cream in your coffee? Whipped cream on your pumpkin pie? Cream cheese on a bagel? Sour cream on a baked potato? Cream of wheat for breakfast? Have you ever had a scone with clotted cream? Of all the creamy foods mentioned, which one sounds most appealing to you right this very minute?
I don't drink coffee. Yes, I like whipped cream on my pumpkin pie (actually I like a little pumpkin pie with my whip cream). I like cream cheese, but I rarely eat a bagel. I think they are too chewy (at least the ones I've had). Yes, I like sour cream on a baked potato. I don't think I've ever had cream of wheat. No, never had a scone with or without clotted cream (what in the world is clotted cream?). A baked potato with sour cream sounds the best to me right now.
6. Where were you last kept waiting for 'hours on end'? Or for what felt like hours on end? How well did you cope?
When my sister's husband had hip replacement surgery last year. I knitted and talked with my sister to help her pass the time.
7. Believe it or not, when next week's Hodgepodge rolls around it will be February. Huh?!? Bid adieu here to January in seven words or less.
Goodbye January, you have not been terrific.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Dad and my husband both are doing a little better. Thank you Jesus.