If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, February 12, 2016

Battle Plan

We now have a Battle Plan. Several of you have asked and I don't mind sharing.

Here's the simplified version. We'll be starting with approximately 20 weeks of chemo and then surgery will be after that. Then a decision will be made about more chemo or radiation or whatever from that point. My oncologist says we are going for the cure, so the treatment will be very aggressive. He said he never wants me to have to go through this again. I agree with him 100%.

I still have a couple of tests on Monday, then I get the port put in on Tuesday, and chemo starts Thursday. And so we begin.

Again, I thank you for all your prayers to this point. I would also ask, as God brings it to your mind, we would love your continued prayers over the next months.  Also, please pray for my friend Kathy at Empty Nest but Full Heart who is fight her own battle.  I know we would both appreciate it very much.

Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. you have my love, prayers, hugs from across the miles, and support. this battle will be won, you belong to the Lord my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for remembering me, dear friend. I'll be praying for you ... that you'll tolerate the chemo and it will do what it is supposed to. I'll send you an email with a few suggestions as to what has helped me during my chemo treatments. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am sure it feels good to have a plan and though it is not the road any of us would ever chose to go down, it is comforting to know that He walks it with you and MANY will be praying that it is one that will not be too difficult or overwhelming. MANY hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am sure it feels good to have a plan and though it is not the road any of us would ever chose to go down, it is comforting to know that He walks it with you and MANY will be praying that it is one that will not be too difficult or overwhelming. MANY hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you have a plan ahead!!! We'll be praying you through.
    Just curious - is there a reason why they're doing a surgery after instead of before? Just because I've heard of most doing surgery before the chemo ... I know everyone is different but curious if they told you why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know many prayers are being lifted on your behalf. Perhaps this is an unexpexted blessing of the social media world...that you have warriors storming the gates from all parts of the country, and likely the world. Praying your body tolerates the chemo without issue. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are both in my prayers. I just became overcome with tears so I know God is listening to my prayers. I can't begin to imagine what your are going through right now. Please keep us updated when you can. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will continue to pray for you! May Gods arms be protectively around you through out this journey! Prayers for your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you have a plan of action, Cathy...that's the first step to getting well! Praying for you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been praying for you, and the other Kathy, as well. I'm glad you shared your plan of action, so I'll know better how to pray. Hang in there, we'll keep the prayers coming!

    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy