If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Don't you just love the new button Joyce has for us to use.  So very pretty.  Just click that button to join in with us.  It's lots of fun getting to know each other.

1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'?
Nothing special.  Just life in general can seem like madness.

2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.
Pantycakes...this is what our oldest called pancakes when she was little.  Then there was crunchy music which was country music and the youngest called cookies TT's.  Love to tease them both about these from time to time.

3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-

clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets

Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?
Probably degrease kitchen cabinets and wipe down ceiling fans.  I hope to get to them soon.  I've been cleaning out closets and cabinets, throwing out some old stuff, including our gas grill and a couple of chairs, and making a dent in cleaning things out.  I'll be so glad to get this stuff done. I think everytime something goes out, our house sighs in relief.  lol

4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?
An American in Paris with Gene Kelly

5. What's put a spring in your step this month?
Our trip to Pigeon Forge and some time spent with Colton

6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
 No, because I know I'm not good at teaching.

7. What's your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?
I don't really have a favorite.  Maybe jasmine or gardenia.  I really don't like floral perfumes nor florals in food.  I've never tasted wine, so I have no idea.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
Pam at Empty Nest had a give-a-way and I won a Comfort Jar.  I just got it in the mail yesterday and I totally love it. 

This isn't the greatest picture, but inside the jar there are notes with encouraging quotes and some funny ones.  The lid handle is absolutely gorgeous and matches the orange color of the jar..  Now I have to find the perfect place to set it that I will be reminded often to read the quotes and be encouraged.  I may even add a few of my own from time to time,.
  If you don't know Pam you really should check out her blog site here.  She is so much fun to get to know.  Also, if you like my Comfort Jar, check out her ETSY shop here.  She has them for sale there along with some other really nice stuff.  Thank you Pam for this prize.  

Hope you all have a great day!

Cathy 

11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a comfort jar. Glad you were able to get away. I'm enjoying my little getaway now but have to start packing up :( Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win! It's adorable! I love "An American In Paris" too. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A comfort jar is such a great idea! Congratulations on winning it! Had to laugh at "pantycakes." That's such a funny memory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thrilled that you won the comfort jar from Pam! Well deserved! Isn't Pam so gracious? Pantycakes is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE American in Paris too! And I'll have to remember to use the word 'pantycakes' the next time the young grandsons are out and Mr. C. makes pancakes for them. I can hear their reaction even now! LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was all caught up on cleaning until Joyce mentioned the ceiling fans and I looked up. Oops. LOL I'm so glad you like the comfort jar! Definitely add your own little sayings/phrases in there. Sometimes, I like to put chocolate in mine. LOL Have a wonderful Wednesday and give Colton a big baby hug from Marcy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winning a give away is always fun. I like the word pantycakes. As I was answering this question a whole list of words my girls liked to say came to mind. We still say most of them : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pantycakes sure gave me a good chuckle, haha. I know I would tease on that one for sure. What a neat gift! How fun. Always is to win something. I haven't won anything in a long time! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pantycakes, love it!
    Seems like everybody could use a comfort jar!
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had the best childhood words of any I've read:) Love "pantycakes" and "crunchy music" :)
    Congrats on winning the giveaway! I love it.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like Gene Kelly in a movie!! Congratulations on winning Pam's giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy