If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Sing




Today's prompt is sing.

Start:

I love to sing and I love to hear others sing. Singing brings so much joy. Well, depending on the song.   When we were growing up there was always singing. My mom and dad sang in a gospel quartet at church. My mom's dad sang bass in a couple different quartets. That's my favorite memory of my grandpa. Him singing in church. He loved it. My aunts played piano and sang. I remember always participating in the congregational singing and loving all the special singing. It just touched me. It seems I rarely heard the sermons, but I knew most every word to every song in church. Still to this day I love southern music the best of everything. I'm so thankful for this legacy that was left for me.

Stop.

Click the button above if you'd like to read other FMF posts.

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. I'm grateful that I also grew up with lots of music and singing! And it's so true that it's not the sermons that stick with us years later but the songs. Visiting from FMF #13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to grow up in a "singing" family. Other than my daughter, no one can see too well over here, lol. But your right...music and song add soo much joy to our lives. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice I said I love to sing, and did not say I sing well. lol. I always remember the Bible says "make a joyful noise" and I can do that.

      Delete
  3. I meant "sing" too well of course, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad sang in the choir when I was growing up and I loved seeing him up there. He still sings every Sunday but they live 4 hours away. Hope you're with Colton and having a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy