If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Thankful Thursday

http://www.knitbygodshand.com/

This is a little different Thankful Thursday for me.  We are in the last week of our Bible Study at church right now.  The study is "Redeemed" by Angela Thomas Pharr.  What a great study.  Well, Wednesday's study was on Psalm 103.  I love this Psalm and it definitely lists many things I am thankful for.  So today, I'm posting the first 5 verses of the103rd Psalm to show what I'm thankful for.


1 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and all that is within me,
    bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
    who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
    who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.


Verse 3 says not to forget His benefits and then the next couple of verses tell us of a couple of those benefits.

 He forgives our iniquity which means He forgives our sins if we ask. He saves me when I repent.

 He heals our diseases. Thank God I know He did that for me last year.

 He redeems us from the pit.  No matter how far we've fallen or what we may have done, He will lift us out of the pit of sin if we will let Him.

 Crowns us with steadfast love and mercy.  I don't know about you, but I couldn't make it a day without His love and mercy.

 He satisfies us with good.  His good is the best good.

This is so cool that He loves us this much.  Thank you God.  If you get a chance today, read this Psalm. There is so much good stuff in it. Plus it encourages you to "Bless the Lord, O my soul."  And that is always a good thing.

 What are you thankful for this week? Click the button at the top to join in.

Cathy

3 comments:

  1. We are finishing up our study this week in our women's bible group- that may be one I need to look at for next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Psalm....and your soo right of course..it is packed with so much. Bless the LORD oh my soul, and bless His holy name! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Psalm speaks volumes...powerful words and message! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy