1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
Yes, I like Mexican food. I like Quesadillas, burritos, tacos chips and salsa, also chimichangas. I like refried beans and rice. I prefer my food mild. I have no plans to eat Mexican that day. But you never know. I had it twice last weekend.
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
No, I've never been to Mexico. I wouldn't mind going but don't have a great desire to. I took three years of Spanish in high school and know a little, but not much.
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
I plan to buy some flowers for the yard and hope to get our mulch done.
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
I'd like to see them bring in more franchised businesses. No, I have no interest in serving in a public office.
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
I do not get Twitter.
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
I watched the original 3 movies, but have not gotten into the recent ones. I'm probably about a 3 or 4.
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
My 4th post was in September, 2008 and was about joining Weight Watchers and starting to try to lose weight. Obviously, I didn't totally succeed because I'm still overweight. I suppose I visit it from time to time and I hope to one day actually succeed.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wish you could smell these lilacs.
|They smell wonderful this morning|