1. Share a favorite memory of your mother or share a favorite something from your own life as a mother. If you're a mother (or stepmom) tell us how your experience as a mom differs from your own mother's experience.
I think mom was always happiest when her kids were visiting. Mom and dad always stayed home on Saturday nights and any of the kids that were free usually stopped in. Sometimes all of us and the grandkids would be there and sometimes just 1 or 2 of us. But that kept all of us close, because mostly that was the only time we saw each other. The picture below is of mom and dad on Christmas Eve when we were all at their house. You can tell that both mom and dad are very happy. I sure do miss them. Saturday nights and Christmas will never be the same again.
|I posted this on FB this morning|
I'm going to answer this a little different. With being ill last year, I just want to say how much I appreciate every one of the nurses (and doctors) who took care of me. They were all so kind and helped me through some very scary places. I never had a bad nurse. They each one were such a blessing.
3. Chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad...which would you go for if all three were on the menu? On bread or a bed of lettuce? If you answered bread, what kind of bread would make it the perfect sandwich?
Chicken Salad and it can be on bread or lettuce. But if on bread, I prefer a croissant.
4. Do you have a desk? Is it organized? If so, share your secret to keeping it that way. If you don't have a desk, where in your home do you take care of family paperwork and business? Where do you normally sit to blog?
Yes, I have a desk at work and yes it is organized. I just always make myself put things away when I'm done with them. I don't let things pile up. Now, my desk at home, not so much. lol
5. When I was nine years old....
I was in 4th grade and we lived in an old remodeled house in the town I currently work in. We had a little black dachshund and I took piano lessons. I really can't remember anything specific though at that age. I can't even remember my teacher's name.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My sister and I went to see Chonda Pierce's new movie "Enough" last night. It was so good. Here is a video of the song she sang at the end. So much truth and so wonderful to know that we are enough in God's sight.