Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Hi! Welcome to my Hodgepodge Post. Why not click the button above to join in with us.
1. May 17th is National Pack Rat Day. Sidebar-should we be celebrating this? Hmmm...
Are you a pack rat? Even if you're not a full fledged pack rat, most people have one thing or another they struggle to part with. Tell us what's yours.
I'm a bit of a pack rat. I have lots of yarn and knitting-crocheting tools and quite a bit of scrapbook stuff. I'm thinning some of it out and trying not to let myself buy new until I use more of what I have currently.
2. What are two things you know you should know how to do, but you don't?
Well, I'm not much of a cook, so I should probably know better how to do that and maybe do our taxes.
3. Do you crave sugar? Do you add sugar to your coffee and/or tea? Do you use artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes? When dining out is dessert a given? Are you someone who has slain the sugar dragon, and if so tell us how you did it.
Sometimes I crave sugar, but I really probably lean more to salty stuff. I don't drink coffee or tea, so no I don't add sugar. There's really nothing that I add sweeteners or sugar to things. But I drink diet pop, so I guess I do use substitutes in them. We seldom ever do dessert when eating out. No I have not slain that dragon.
4. What's a trend it took a while for you to come round to, but now you can't imagine living without?
It took me awhile to get into the whole cell phone thing. Now I can't be without it.
5. What's a song that reminds you of a specific incident in your life? Please elaborate.
There's a hymn called "I Am a Child of God." And I remember when I was little (sometime between Kindergarten and 2nd grade) having the metal roller skates that clipped to your shoes. I remember skating in circles in our garage and singing this song over and over. So now when we sing this song in church it reminds me of that time. I have few memories at that age so this is rather a fond one to me.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Is anybody else watching this season of Survivor? What do you think of it so far? I'm still watching, but wow! Tribal Counsels have been pretty interesting! So much different that in the past. I'd still prefer to see a little less of the drama and a lot more of the challenges and rewards.