1. When was the last time you chatted with a neighbor? About what? (sharing that last bit is optional)
Monday night. We were talking about my dog.
2. River, lake, ocean, or waterfall...which one are you most like and why?
I've got nothing for this. So I'll just say the ocean because I love it so much.
|Sunset at Myrtle Beach|
3. July 13 is National Delaware Day. Ever been to Delaware? Delaware is called 'the first state' because it was the first to declare independence from the British. What's your state's nickname and does that moniker make sense to you? If you were in charge, what nickname would you give your home state?
No, I've never been to Delaware. Ohio is called the Buckeye State and also the Mother of Modern Presidents. Yes, both make sense as there are a lot of buckeye trees in Ohio and because 7 presidents were born in Ohio. If I were in charge, I'd use Ohio, the Heart of It All. I heard that used before and I kinda like it.
4. What dish did you contribute to the last pot luck meal you attended? Do you have a go-to recipe for pot luck suppers?
Paula Deen's Not Yo Mamma's Banana Pudding. My go-to is a knock-off of Cracker Barrel's Hashbrown Casserole.
5. What is your number one tip for a brand new parent?
Don't worry about spoiling your baby. Hold him or her as much as you want. Enjoy every second because it goes by so quickly.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Here's the proof that it goes by so fast. My little grandson will be ten months old next week. I swear it seems he was just born a few days ago.
|Here he is in the hospital brand new|
|Here's me and him at about a week old|
|Here he is yesterday|
|Here he is with me yesterday.|