Hey it's Wednesday and that means it's time for the Hodgepodge. I know I'm rather late, but better late than never, right? Click the button above to join in with Joyce and the gain. You won't regret it. They are a real fun group of people.
1. Growing up, were you close to your grandparents? Tell us one or two specific things you remember about them.
We were closer to my mom's parents than my dad's, simply because we went to church with mom's parents all the time (so we saw them at the very least 3 times a week). My dad's parents went to church with us in the summer, but they went to Florida in the winter, so we'd go all those months without seeing them, so I didn't feel as close. Some years on Christmas break we'd get to go to Florida and visit with them and that was fun.
|Back row center is mom's dad and mom (I'm the little one hiding behind the flowers)|
|This is dad's mom and dad with his youngest sister|
2. What's an item you were attached to as a child? What happened to it?
The family piano and my sister has that piano today in her home.
3. When you look out your window, do you see the forest or the trees (literally and figuratively)? Explain.
Literally I see the trees. We have a little strip of trees at the back of our property that is probably about 6-7 feet deep. We have always called that our "woods". The girls loved to play back there.
4. Do you like sour candies? I'm not real fond of sour candies. Sweet Tarts would be my favorite, I guess.Which of the 'sour' foods listed below would you say is your favorite? grapefruit, Greek yogurt, tart cherries, lemons, limes, sauerkraut, buttermilk, or kumquats I really don't care that much for any of those listed. However, I guess I would say lemons, because I love lemonade. Have you ever eaten a kumquat?I don't think so. What's your favorite dish containing one of the sour foods on the list? Already answered that above...lemonade, but also lemon cookies.
So far it has been a pretty good year, not perfect, but good.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
On Monday we took Tracy's parents and we all went to visit Colton and Kerri. We had such a great time together. Here are a few pictures from my phone from that day.
|Colton and his great grandpa|
|Colton and his great grandma|
|That boy can flat move!!|
|Just like his mama. He loves a microphone|
|Heading out for some fun|
|Hated to say goodbye 😭|