If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's Wednesday, so it must be time for the Hodgepodge.  Click on the button to visit Joyce and join in with all the fun.

1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? I think I was in the grocery store picking up a couple of items.  Is that typical?  No. Typically I'm at work.   On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM? It all depends on what the day at work has been like.  But I'm usually more than ready to be getting off at 4:00pm.  

2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.
A party...we had a get-together of our Bible Study group last night.  There was food and lots of catching up (as we take the summer off from Bible Study).  Food and talking and great friends sounds like a party to me.  Here's the group that came last night.  Several were missing, but we still had a great time.



3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.
Courage, motivation and strength..We need to do some remodeling at our house.  We need a new roof and new floors and new paint on the walls.  I get a little nervous just thinking about all that and the decisions that have to be made.

4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?
I've never really thought so, but I survived cancer.  So maybe I'm stronger than I thought.  Or maybe it wasn't me, but the Lord in me that made me strong.  



5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favorite book set sometime in the past?
Yes, I do.  Any of them written by Lori Wick.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Surely you didn't think I'd leave here without posting a picture of my grandson.  Gigi and Colton video chatting.


Hope you have a great day!

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice party. I miss going to Bible study. Praying that everything runs smoothly for your renovations. Yes you are very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready for Bible study to resume and it's always good to get together during the summer. We do. Having made a lot of decisions myself this year, I understand that feeling of apprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were going to try to keep our Bible Study going this summer, but there were just too many conflicts so we'll pick up again end of August. I'm glad you enjoyed your gathering. You are definitely strong, anyone who has to battle cancer has a strength I admire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like a fun, inviting group. I still haven't found a bible study group or a church for that matter. Of course, sitting here waiting for one to drop in my lab hasn't really helped. :) I think cancer survivors are some of the strongest people I know. Marcy is like Colton. She's spending the summer in a diaper and that's about it most of the time. Wish I could. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. By way of introduction, I am a fellow Wednesday Hodgepodger. My blog page is listed next to yours so I'm stopping by to say "Hello!"
    Grandchildren are a tremendous blessing from God. Your grandson is darling.
    My wife and I attend a small Bible study group on Sunday evenings. It is often the second best highlight of our week. The first is Sunday morning worship.
    Regarding strength, it seems to me that strength is a lot like faith. You never know how much you have until you are called upon to use it.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy