Wednesday, January 3, 2018
1. It's that time of year again...time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words (or phrases) they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, or genera uselessness) in 2018. You can read more about the decision making process and word meaning here, but this year's top vote getters are-
unpack, dish (as in dish out the latest rumor), pre-owned, onboarding/offboarding, nothingburger, let that sink in, let me ask you this, impactful, Cofefe, drill down, fake news, hot water heater (hot water doesn't need to be heated), and gig economy
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
Can’t say any of them particularly bother me. Nor can I think of a word I’d like to get rid of right now either.
2. What's something you need to get rid of in the new year?
Some weight, I hope.
3. Where do you feel stuck?
I don’t feel stuck.
4. January is National Soup Month. When did you last have a bowl of soup? Was it made from scratch or from a can? Your favorite canned soup? Your favorite soup to make from scratch on a cold winter's day?
Friday, I had potato soup for lunch and I made it. In, fact I made another pot tonight and will be having it for lunch the next 3 days. Love it and it’s my favorite to make on a cold night. My favorite canned soup is Progresso New England Clam Chowder.
5. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in 2018.
Hoping to get my ETSY Shop more active.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My grandson got a haircut. He looks like a little boy now instead of a baby.
Thanks for visiting!