If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge





1. Three things on your spring bucket list? If you don't have an actual list that's fine, pretend you do.

I do not have a bucket list, but for your question here goes:
Finish the Bible Study we are currently doing (next Tuesday)
Take a trip to the Smoky's with hubby (in May)
Increase the speed, distance and frequency of my walking as I am signed up for a 5K later this year and I hope to sign up for a few more

2. Where do you find rest? What restores your soul? When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here?
I find rest at the ocean.  Jesus restores my soul, especially at the ocean.  The last time I was at the ocean was for almost 4 weeks in November. 


Sitting right here on the balcony, in daylight & dark and thanking God for His creation
3. April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery? What's your favorite dish made with celery? On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first-carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes? 
I can eat celery if it's got dip or peanut butter on it, but no it's not something I particularly like.  I can eat it in dressing or maybe soup, but I'd really prefer it not be there.  I'd reach for tomatoes or carrots.

4. I read here eight things to do before 8 am to make your day less hectic-Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you're having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists-one what you're thankful for and one what's weighing on your mind), and after the brain dump make your to-list for the day

How many of these are you currently doing? Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?
I currently read my Bible and/or do my Bible Study and get dressed (except on Saturdays).  I think adding the brain dump (Thankful list) would help a lot.

5. Describe the view from your window.
Right now I am at work eating lunch and I can see a corner of the firehouse and a corner of a big new bank building across the street.





6. Insert your own random thought here.
If you think about it my father-in-law could use some prayer.  He is having some physical issues.  Thank you.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.''

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Great pic of the ocean! Enjoy your week, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for your father-in-law. I hope he gets better. Love the ocean picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water soothes my soul as well. I hope your father-in-law feels better soon. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think I could find rest at the ocean. But it seldom happens that we get to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Signed up for a 5K? You go girl!!! The ocean IS great medicine for the soul, isn't it? I will pray for your father-in-law.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You signed up for a 5K??? You go girl! I really need to get back into walking. I get the same feeling from the mountains that you get from the ocean. I think it's because I'm only 3 miles from the oceans and hours away from the mountains. Plus, I've always been a mountain girl. I will remember your FIL in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck getting ready for that 5K. I would love a few weeks at the ocean. Keeping your father in law in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy