If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge




Hit the button at the top if you'd like to participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.
I don't really have a bucket list, but I'd like to visit the state parks in our area a few times and go to the river and see the 4th of July parade and fireworks in our area.

2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime?
Play outside all day and then chase lightening bugs after dark

3. Rooftop or backyard? Why?
Rooftop because I love the views from up high.

4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from?
I am right now because I am trying to eat low carb.

5. A song you'll have on repeat this summer?
Nothing in particular.  I'm listening to Disney music right now on Pandora.  Disney music almost always makes me happy.  It brings back so many memories of when my girls were younger.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I don't have a new picture of Colton to post this week, so how about a picture of Lucy.


Nap time with mommy
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Hope you get to enjoy those things this summer. They sound like fun. Lighting bugs were always fun to chase. Good for you on watching your carbs. Lucy sure does look comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. She loves sleeping there in the blankets. lol

      Delete
  2. Good for you on the low carb thing! I just tried that and the first two weeks I lost 9 pounds and then it all just stalled out! I wish you better luck than me! When I did it years ago, it worked with flying colors...not sure what happened this time! I am now following you = you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing it about 4 weeks now and I lost at first too and now I've stopped, but I'm still trying because I want my sugar numbers to come down. I don't want to have to go on medication. Hopefully, I'll start losing again too. Thanks for following and I'll be over to your blog to read and follow.

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'm visiting from the Hodgepodge. You are the link right before me.

    I'm planning on starting a low carb diet too. I'll be following the Ketogenic diet, which wants to keep carbs below 20 grams a day. Funny, I ate a Little Debbie cake the other day, and it had like 27 grams of carb in that one little thing. More than my daily allotment in one single, non-nutrious, non-filling item.

    I used to catch lightning bugs too. Funny, I don't think I've seen a lightning bug in 40 years. They must not live in certain areas of the country. I only ever experienced them in Pennsylvania, not in Florida or in the West.

    Your little puppy is very cute!

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Celebrating Our Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti. We have lots of lightning bugs here in Ohio. I still love seeing them blinking on and off. I need to check out that Ketogenic diet since I'm trying to low carb it anyway. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be by to visit you soon.

      Delete
  4. Lucy look very relaxed! Living low carb is hard at first because giving up bread is hard for most people, but one you start to look the weight, you will be motivated to continue. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynn for the encouragement. I hope all is going well with you.

      Delete
  5. Playing outside as children...nothing better. So sad our children have to be so protected these days and not free to just be children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy