If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

My Weekend

Hubby and I had a fairly quiet weekend as usual. Friday after work we came home and ordered dinner in. We had a salad and pizza.  Yummy!  Then we relaxed with some TV, etc.

I decided to participate in a Readathon that started at Midnight Friday night and ran through to midnight on Sunday night. It’s called 24in48. And the goal is to read for a total of 24 hours in the 48 hour period. Now I knew I would not read the whole 24 hours, but I did want to try to read more than I normally ever would in that time period. Well, I ended up reading just a little over 12 hours. I really didn’t think I’d make it that long. I read one whole book and then part of 2 other books. Plus when walking the dog I listened to a big chunk of another book. I enjoyed participating and the next one they have will be in January. You can check them out here, if you are interested.

My official time.

This is from one of my many walks with the dog this weekend



In between all the reading we did laundry and a few things around the house and went out for breakfast and dinner on Saturday, so no cooking for me. Yay!

Sunday we had great church services and met the family for lunch and then took a Sunday nap (one of my favorite things). Then back to church and afterwards to Kroger’s to pick up our grocery order. Can I just say I love the Kroger Clicklist. Makes my life so much easier. Now I’m ready for this next week of work with stuff for lunches and food to cook for dinner.

Reading while waiting on our groceries


So, while my weekend was quiet, it was just the way I like it. I hope you had a good weekend too.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy


14 comments:

  1. My sister does that grocery pickup thing - I have not yet tried it but I think I am going to have to. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally love it Ann. My hubby and I first tried it 2 years ago when I was sick and he was having back problems. It really made our life so much easier as neither of us was able to walk through the grocery. We can both do it now and we do sometimes, but I just love the ease of Clicklist and I can use my time for other stuff.

      Delete
  2. How did we live without Clicklist? THE BEST!!!
    Look at your time for that readathon! Impressive for your first one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm please with my time. Plus I really enjoyed my books.

      Delete
  3. Impressive readathon time! I considered joining, but was feeling overwhelmed! Maybe I'll join in January! I like to nap after church sometimes, too. Audiobooks are fun. My kids and I have been listening to Anne of Green Gables while we drive around.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was fun participating and I've put the January date in my calendar to remind me. I'm currently listening to Christy by Catherine Marshall while at work. I've read this a couple times but not for years. So totally enjoying it.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You did really well with the reading challenge. Good for you. Keep up the reading in half hour blocks throughout the week and you'll be amazed at what you complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of reading. You did good! How nice not having to cook all weekend. Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the reading! I felt like I read a lot this weekend, but it was probably only 5 or 6 hours. I like to read, but never convince myself to jump on the marathon.

    We don't have any Krogers around here any more. Giant Eagle has grocery pick-up and delivery in some places, but not at ours yet. I've used Walmart's pick-up service and like it except for produce...their "expert shoppers" aren't nearly as picky as I am.

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I’ve bought a few things in produce through them, but I usually do most of that myself.

      Delete
  7. gosh, I probably read that much all the time it seems some days...but then I get busy with "LIFE" and have to put the books aside for awhile. I've never done audio books. I am a visual person and am too easily distracted if just trying to listen.
    Your grocery shopping sounds interesting. I don't know if there is anything like that around here. (I know there isn't where I live...we are 20 miles from the nearest Walmart)...but as life goes on I may try that someday... great idea! Have a blessed day and rest of this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the reading. Typically I don’t read that much. I read in short spurts because I start getting sleepy when I read.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy