If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Thankful Thursday



Today I am thankful for my home and all the wonderful times we have shared there.  My daddy was the contractor when we had it built 22 years ago.  He actually did a lot of the interior work himself.  I didn't think I'd ever get a house that dad built, but God provided and I'm so thankful for that.  We moved in about 2 weeks before the girls came to live with us and it's the only home they ever lived in until they went out on their own.  So we definitely have memories galore and sometimes I think of selling because the yard work is more than hubby and I want to (or probably even can) handle any more.  Thankfully, we have a guy who is doing it for us (for the 2nd year) and he trims the bushes and everything.  We are truly blessed to have him.  So with all the years of raising kids and loving them and each other, hubby and I are very thankful for our home.  Thank you God for always being there with us.

This is the view as we were coming back from our early morning walk.

What are you thankful for?  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! What a beautiful home! You are so blessed! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ann, I feel very blessed. Thank you. 🙂

      Delete
  2. That's so special!!!
    Yeah, our yard seems bigger every year too as we get older. I feel bad for Ricky doing his job all day long (walking about 15 MILES A DAY) & then coming home to take care of 2 acres. It's tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our yard is less than an acre, but still more than we want to do.

      Delete
  3. A home with roots, the best kind!

    I am thankful for summertime and blogging. :)

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sandi. Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful blessing and definitely something to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful home, and the precious memories you have there. I understand your thoughts about moving on, but it isn't easy when we have so many memories attached, is it? I totally understand this. Thank you for sharing a part of your heart with us today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy