If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Black and White Memories


I'm joining in again with Terri for Black and White Wednesday.  I so enjoy sharing my pictures.  But I also love looking at everyone else's pictures too.  If you'd like to participate, go here to Terri's page to link up.  We'd love to see your pictures.

Dad and Mom on a date

Mom in school...I don't know what age

Mom's engagement photo.

Dad and Mom's Wedding Photo.  Their wedding day was dad's 22nd birthday and mom's 17th birthday.  Made it easy on them both to remember each other's birthday and anniversary!  
Dad always said he married mom because she could milk a cow and he wanted a farm some day and mom said she married dad so she never had to milk a cow again.  You know what?  Mom won!  She never milked a cow after they were married.  However, dad sort of won too.  He did get his small farm (about 20 acres) and did have a milk cow for about a year, but mom never milked it.  She said, I'll take care of the milk, make butter or cream or whatever, but I will not milk it and she never did.  lol
Mom with her first baby, my brother Larry.  He looks almost as big as her.  lol  She was 18 years old.
I love seeing all these pictures we looked at all our lives.  I believe I had the best parents and brothers and sisters in the world.  I'm so proud to be part of this family.

Okay, So here is one more picture for this post.  Below is a black and white photo of all 5 of us kids.  Take a look and have a laugh.  It makes me smile and happy every time I see it.

Larry, Karen (in striped pants), me, Beverly hold Jeff.  There were 12 years between the oldest (Larry) and the youngest (Jeff)  The year Larry started college, Jeff started 1st grade.
Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Cathy, all the pictures you shared today are happy ones. Your mother was pretty and very sweet looking. I love the story about milking cows. I've never milked one, only watched somebody else, but bless her heart, I'm glad your mom and dad both got their wishes. That's cool they had the same birthday. I feel the very same way about my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally pick you out in that pic... you have the exact same smile.
    Isnt it funny how things worked - married so young & babies at 18. So nuts to wrap your mind around - just how it was

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the pictures of your mom and dad, they married on their birthdays, how neat is that?!! Sweet picture of you and your siblings, such precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, thank you for joining in today for cherished B&W memories! These photos are precious and priceless!! Such a cute "date" photo of your folks, and how cool was it, back in the day, to have an engagement photo that was usually printed in the local paper with all the particulars. They just don't do that anymore. There are four of us Kelly kids, with 9 years between me and the youngest. Your sibs were spaced out nicely too! Thanks again for sharing the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That date photo on the bridge is so endearing … like a clip from a Sandra Dee film! The milking dilemma made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing that anecdote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your photos...
    LOL Hubby and I got married on his Horses B-Day LOL He never forgets ;-)

    Following from
    https://myfaithisoverflowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family! I love seeing these old pictures. And your parents were so cute. My mother wanted to marry a farmer and live on a farm. And so she did. But by the time I was 5 farming was not doing so well to support our family...so they sold the farm and moved to Florida. Daddy became a postman and my mother went to work as a secretary. She often said she missed the farm...but I don't think she missed milking the cows or doing all that canning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your beautiful family photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy