If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Fun with Flowers

My sister asked me to go to a flower arranging class with her on Saturday at Oberer's Florist.  Their advertisement showed a beautiful arrangement of roses and carnations and I'm thinking there is no way I could do something like that.  But, I didn't want to tell my sister no, so I went.

Even when I got there and saw all the people and the tables set up with the flower pots and greenery sitting around and buckets of flowers for us to choose from, I was thinking, what in the world am I doing here.  I can't do this.  I have absolutely no talent for this.  I've never been able to make a pretty arrangement.  I just kinda stick them in a vase or something when I get flowers.

Anyway, I was there, so I participated.  And you know what, it was really fun.  It was fun just doing something different with my sister and the people were so nice and patient.  And everyone was involved in what they were making and not watching everyone else.  So it was okay and I even told her if she wanted to do it again sometime just let me know.

Here are a few pictures from that day.

Each participant started with a spot set up like this
Here's one of the tables set up to start



You can see my roses and some of the carnations I picked and we've started adding the new from the table

This is my sister's in the process

Starting to add the roses


This is mine

Mine from another angle


This is one that one of the employees made along with us

My sister and I with our completed arrangements in their travel boxes.
So, if you ever get the chance to take a flower arranging class, I highly recommend it.  It was a lot of fun.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. It turned out so lovely!
    You think flower arrangements would be something easy but NOOOOOO... mine always look like a hot mess. What a fun class to take

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see things I could have done better, but for a first try I didn't think it was too bad.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like fun! I don't think you can go wrong with beautiful flowers and yours looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fun activity! I love anything with my family so I may have to try one of these sometime! They both turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it really was fun doing it with my sister. We used to do stuff together all the time, but not so much now as we've gotten older. She just retired a few weeks ago and is going to work part time for the next few months so she has more time free. So hopefully, we can do things a little more often.

      Delete
  4. What a fun class! Your arrangement looks professional to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! A flower arranging class sounds like a really fun outing. And then you get a beatiful arrangement to enjoy as well. You and your sister both did a great job.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun. So glad you didn't say no! Your arrangements are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy