If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday




Click here to visit Rebecca Jo from Knit by God's Hand. 

Today I am thankful for:

**Audiobooks from my library: I have completed two books this week. One was called Echo which was very interesting. It was about 3 different people that had come across the same harmonica over a period of years and how the harmonica impacted their lives.  These three did not realize the harmonica was charmed. Each of their stories were very interesting and then in the end they all came together but none of them knew the other had had the harmonica in a very trying time in their life. I would definitely recommend listening to this story. The other one I finished was only about an hour and half long. It was Dolly Parton’s Book called Dream More and she’s the one who read it. It was so good and very inspiring and also very funny at times. She also sang on it a little too.  I so adore Dolly and it was so cool getting a glimpse into her thoughts and ideas as written and read by her.

Photo taken from Amazon

Photo taken from Amazon
**Cooler weather:  While I know it’s not going to last, I’m enjoying it immensely while it’s here.  I took Lucy out for a short, quick walk this morning around 6:30 and had on a hoodie but I was still a little chilly.  Now that's not a complaint, just a fact.  It could stay like this year round and I'd be happy.

**Friends:  I'm so thankful for time after church last night to talk with a good friend.  So many times we are in such a hurry to leave, we don't take time to talk.  It was really nice to just stand around and talk.  I think we both needed it.  Hubby was wonderful about it too.  He just got in the van and played on his phone and didn't make me feel rushed at all.  And yes, I am so thankful to have him for my husband.

**Blogging Friends:  I'm also thankful for each one of the blogging friends I've made over the years.  I'm thankful for the comments and for the memes you host, which gives me something to blog about.  I hope each one of you have a blessed day.

Cathy



8 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out Dolly's book - to me, she's just everything wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends are the best! Whether in the blogging world or real life (CHurch, etc.). They truly are some of our greatest blessings that I sometimes take for granted! Hugs! Have a great weekend Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Dolly too!! Thanks for the reviews! A worthy thankful post! I am also thankful for blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And yes, I am so thankful to have him for my husband."

    :-) Sweet. Such a simple statement, but it is like a wave of goodness to hear in our culture.

    I like Dolly Parton too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not aware of Dolly's book, I must check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dolly is a sweetheart and I am an even bigger fan since discovering her program to give free books to kids. I signed my grandson up right after he was born and he gets a new book for free every month. She does it out of her own pocket. Such a generous and gracious lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love audiobooks. I check them out of the library and listen on my commute. I also have purchased a few over the years. We like to hang out after church and talk, too. Thanks for sharing the new titles you found.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forot to say.... My grandmother bought me a Dolly Parton album when I was about 9, and I LOVED it! I'm still a Dolly fan.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy