If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday and that means it's time to be intentionally thankful.  Click here to join in with Rebecca.

This week I'm thankful for:

**Completing the 5K on Saturday:  I already posted about that here on Monday.  But I just want to say again I am so thankful for my cousins who went with me and encouraged me.  With their help and God's help, I made it to the end.  In fact, I signed up for 2 more 5K's to do this year.  They are virtual 5K's and I think I'll walk them on the beach over the next couple of weeks.  That should be a lot easier than in the cold and mud.  lol

**Upcoming vacation and parents:  That leads me to be thankful for my upcoming vacation.  We'll be getting time with my husband's parents.  They are getting up in age and I'm so thankful for any time we can spend with them.  Since my parents are gone now, I'm so blessed to be able to share his parents.

**Changes at work and adjusting:  I'm thankful for the prayers from people about my job situation.  I am starting to adjust to the changes and am learning again how to do the job I did 20 years ago (which has completely changed).  I'm so thankful that I'm starting to pick it up again and I know it's probably really good to have to stretch myself this way.  So if you prayed for me, thank you.

**My oldest daughter:  She turned 27 this week.  I mean, really!  How did that happen?  I am so proud of her and her accomplishments and how hard she is working to earn her Master's.  Again, I am so blessed to be her mom.

So what are you thankful for this week?

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, sweet Lady for your kind words today on my blog post. I'm so proud of you for completing a 5K...with my bum knee I could never do that! Hope you have a great vacation! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Way to go on that 5K. You should be so proud of yourself. Enjoy your vacation and I'm glad things are working out for you at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yessss - a 5k on the beach will be so much better than the cold & mud! Good for you planning on moving during your vacation. I'd just plan on chairs with books the entire time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing!!! Cong5rats on the 5K finish! That is fantastic! I love collecting the bling at the end but that feeling when you cross the finish is second to none! I love that you are close with your daughter and congrats to her on going for her Masters!!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great reasons to be thankful. Congratulations on the 5K. That is amazing. I could not do that. Enjoy your vacation time with your inlaws. What a blessing to have them still. All our parents are gone now, and it is strange to not have any of them anymore. We will be selling my MIL's house soon, and that will be the closing of that chapter in life. wow. Hope the "new job" that is "old" will work out for you and that you will enjoy it, even with the changes. Sometimes changes are good. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy, Dropping by to see how things are.. I have been MIA with this goofy knee. I have follow up on it Monday..
    Hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great thankful list! Yes, you are blessed indeed! Sorry to be late getting to blogs, but I am catching up! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy