If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wednesday Medley



Click here if you'd like to join in for the first Wednesday Medley of 2019.




Today is  NATIONAL SCIENCE FICTION DAY

National Science Fiction Day is celebrated annually on January 2nd by millions of science fiction fans across the United States.  The date of January 2 was chosen for National Science Fiction Day as it corresponds with the birth date of famed science fiction writer Isaac Asimov.   National Science Fiction Day is recognized by the Hallmark Channel and the Scholastic Corporation. 

HOW TO OBSERVE

Watch some classic science fiction t.v. shows or movies.  Start reading a science fiction novel. Use #ScienceFictionDay to post on social media.

1. Will you observe National Science Fiction Day as recommended above? Do you even like science fiction?
I have no plans to observe the day, but you never know.  Hubby was just telling me last night about a science fiction movie he likes and is wanting to watch again, so maybe?!  Yes, I like some science fiction.

2. Have you chosen a "word" for 2019? Many people do. THIS QUIZ might help you find your word!!
I've been thinking about it, but so far have not picked a word.  I was thinking of loved, because sometimes I need to be reminded that God loves me and is not some big traffic cop in the sky just trying to catch me messing up.  He really wants me to make it to heaven.  So that's one, but Debbie at Breathing Grace said her word is Jesus because He is the answer to everything and that really resonated with me.  So I'm considering Jesus for my word too.  What more could I or anyone need than Jesus?

3. Did you stay up to see the new year in? Are you happy or sad to see 2018 go?
I did stay up, but just barely! lol  I am neither happy or sad to see 2018 go.  It was a decent year.  I am now 2 years cancer free as I finished my final radiation treatment in December of 2016 and I am so thrilled to be alive and well.

4. I really enjoy the Tournament of Roses parade on New Year's Day but rarely get to sit and enjoy the entire parade because I am cooking. Did you watch the parade? Did you cook/eat the traditional foods (pork, black-eyed peas, kraut, greens...) to begin the new year?
No, I did not watch the parade.  I forgot all about it being on, even after reading this question on Monday.  lol  No we didn't cook or eat the traditional foods.  We went out for Chinese and I enjoyed that very much.

5. I have to ask... Resolutions. Did you make any or set some new goals for 2019? Or do you even think about it?
No, I didn't make resolutions, however, I do hope to live a healthier life style and get in a little more movement and better eating habits.  I'm hoping my new Apple Watch will help remind me to move a little more in order to be healthier.




6. Tell us something random about your week.
I had my first cake pop from Starbucks this week and it was delicious!  




Happy New Year to everyone and thank you for visiting me.

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. I forgot about the parade too, and I had planned on watching it...things just happen. I love Debbie's word and think it would be a great word for you too, a great word for all of us!! I love your watch, it made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That watch is adorable! I love it!
    Jesus is a great word to have! What else do you need if you have Jesus. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You KNOW I'm loving the Cake Pop!! :)
    2 years? That's so awesome! Always celebrating with you friend!!!!
    Did you try that test that gave you a word of the year after some questions? I loved the ones it came up for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 2-year milestone, Cathy! I know little about Apple products (which is good for my wallet), but now I'm loving your watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally with you on the move more and eat better!!! That is totally what my new year will encompass!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answer to #2 question! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum to the cake pops! Thanks for joining in on the Medley today!! I enjoyed reading your answers and I also thought the word Jesus is pretty amazing! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been struggling with my One Word, too. I've given myself until the weekend to come up with one. Right now I'm leaning toward "control." As in putting everything under God's control and also as in exercising some self-control with the diet/exercise/social media things.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy