If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wednesday Medley



Click here to join in with Wednesday Medley.  You will enjoy visiting with all the people involved and with our host Terri.

 NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY
In the United States, National Croissant Day is observed each year on January 30th. Croissants are a buttery, crescent-shaped rolls that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  
The key to a perfect croissant is laminating the dough. Laminating the dough is a process by which butter is folded into the mixture creating multiple thin layers of butter and dough. The result is a mouth-watering flaky crust and airy body.
Legend surrounds this pastry, as is often the case with a popular, worldly treat. What is known, is that crescent-shaped breads have been found around the world for ages. One of these was the Kipferl which originated in Austria as far back as the 13th century. This nonlaminated bread is more like a roll.
Credit for the croissant we know today is given to an Austrian military officer, August Zang. In 1939 he opened a Viennese bakery in Paris introducing France to Viennese baking techniques.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Stop by the bakery for a fresh, warm croissant or try making your own using this recipe: Croissants recipe.


1.  Well, I do love croissants when they are fresh, but day-old croissants need to be turned into a donut.  I happen to really like the croissants that have a donut-like glaze on them!  Sugar overload but so good.  So... do you like croissants?  What is your favorite way to eat them? 
Croissants are good, but definitely not my favorite bread or sweet treat.  But if I’m going to have them, I like them sweet the best.

2.  Speaking of food... How do you handle stress?
Prayer and more prayer.  But I must admit snacking on anything available is my fallback.

3.  Out of the negative emotions of greed, anger, jealousy, and hate, which one would you say affects you the most?
Anger (actually it’s probably irritation more than anger).  The Lord and I are working on this.

4.  Out of the positive emotions of compassion, positivity, enthusiasm, and initiative, which one is your biggest strength?
Positivity.  I feel being an encourager to others is very important and I feel it’s one of my spiritual gifts.

5.  What do you get every time you go grocery shopping, other than the staples such as bread, milk, butter, flour, sugar...
Nothing all the time, but quite often sugar free ice cream, bananas and nuts.

6.  Please tell us something random about your week so far.
We’ve been so busy the last couple of weeks, so I am really enjoying this week.  Tonight will be the 3rd night in a row that we’ll be home.  It’s been so nice to spend time at home with hubby watching TV, reading and crocheting.  We are loving it so much and I think our dog loves it too.  It has also given us lots of time to video chat with our daughter and grandson.

Hope you are having a great week and thanks for visiting.

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. Prayer is always the answer!
    How nice you have been able to be home this week! That is awesome! Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are told to pray without ceasing, and I find that to be true!! Although activities can be enjoyed, it's always nice to be at home. Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about just staying home, my week is like that this week too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of us in NW Wisconsin are also staying home. Way too cold to go out. I'm enjoying it, but even cozy gets old after a while. Isn't your time with your grandson precious! I know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been a homebody this week...its too cold to go out! Yay another crocheter! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy