If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wednesday Medley


Everything below this line was copied from the National Calendar site.
---------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL JOE DAY – March 27

National Joe Day - March 27

NATIONAL JOE DAY

Enjoy a cup of “joe” with all of your friends named Joe, Jo, Joette, Joey, Joseph, Josephine, Johanna, Joann, Jodie or any variant of the name Joe every year on March 27th, National Joe Day.
According to the Social Security Administration, the name Joseph was ranked No. 6 from 1893 to 1899 behind John, William, James, George, and Charles.  In 1910, it moved to No. 5.  From 1911 to 2005 it was ranked No. 12 or lower.
There are many famous people named Joe.  Just a few are:
  • Joe Montana Coach, American football player.
  • Joe Pesci Comedian, Musician Actor.
  • Joe Biden Politician, Lawyer.
  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt Theatrical producer, Entrepreneur Film Producer.
  • Joe Namath Actor, American football player.
  • Joseph Stalin Politician, Soldier.
  • Joey Ramone Songwriter, Musician Singer-songwriter.
  • Shoeless Joe Jackson, Baseball player.
  • Joe Green, American football player
  • Joe Jonas, Musician
  • Joe DiMaggio, Baseball player, actor
  • Joe Cocker, Musician
  • Joe Frazier, Boxer
  • Joe Mauer, Baseball player
  • Joe Walsh, Musician
HOW TO OBSERVE
During our research, we found this day has a few different versions as to how it is celebrated.
1.  Honor all people with the name “Joe.”
2.  For the day, change your name to a name of your choice.
3.  Everyone change their name to “Joe” for the day.  Women and girls may use  “Josephine” or “Jodie.”
Use #NationalJoeDay to post on social media.
Everything above this line is copied from the National Calendar site, which I copied from Terri's site.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Who is your favorite "Joe/Jo" and what can you tell us about him or her? My favorite Jo is my daughter.  Her middle name is Jo.
2.  Who were you named for and do you or did you know that person?  I have no idea who I was named for.  I really don't think I was named after anyone.
3.  Do you have a middle name and do you like it/use it? I have a middle name, but I rarely use it.  However, my mom did when she was hollering at me for something.  
4.  Have you ever named your car?  Tell us about it, please!  No my car is not named.
5.  Tell us the name of a fictional character you have never forgotten and why you remember it so well. Jerusha from Hawaii by James Michener.  Loved the book and movie and I loved her name.  Julie Andrews portrayed her in the movie.  For a long time, I wanted to name one of my kids that.  But by the time the girl's came I liked different names.
6.  Share something random with us about your week. I've really been enjoying my break from blogging and I'm not sure I'm back fully yet, but decided to post today.  I've really missed every one, but not so much the discipline of actually blogging regularly.   
Hope you are having a great week and thanks for visiting.
Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Oh yeah...I remember the notorious "three name call-out" when I was in trouble...lol! My dad was Joe and was my favorite one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerusha's a neat name! I miss Julie Andrews' appearances. Good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you decided to post today! I have definitely been in your shoes, so I understand. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you joined in today!! I've not read Hawaii but love that name Jerusha! It is always good to catch up with you through your blogs!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you here today. I don't do Wednesday Medley but wanted to stop over and say hello! I've never named a car. I always want to take a break but never have. Lately I'm having a hard time trying to read blogs let alone post any but I try my best. Life has just been busy!! Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!! We've missed you! I know we need to take little breaks now and then, but it's good to come back and stay in touch. Enjoyed your answers. "Jerusha"...what an interesting name...seems like I remember that name from either a Dickens novel or Little Women or something classic...I'll have to look that up now that you got up my curiosity. I know I didn't read it in Hawaii...but didn't know Julie Andrews played that part...I may have to see that movie. I love Julie Andrews. Did she sing in that one? Have a blessed week, and I hope you will stick around!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy