If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Click here to join in with Rebecca at Knit by God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.

I am thankful for:

     *our Bible study at church last night.  We have a thing called "Ask the Pastor", where we write down our questions and give them to him and then he studies them and answers our questions on Wednesday nights.  Everyone seems to enjoy this time so much and last night was especially good (because he answered one of my questions). 😊  But really, it is just so interesting and fun to learn and understand God's Word.

     *time to read.  I've enjoyed some time reading and am currently reading a book called Neda Phrend by Jean L. Kuhnke.  My sister told me about her and how much she loves her books.  So I got one and it started a little slow to me, but now I'm really enjoying it.  Hoping I get some time to read it today.

     *the night sky.  I've been taking the dog out after dark and the sky has been so pretty.  Last night on the way home the moon was hanging lot and was so bright.  I took a picture, but it never does it justice.  But I'll show it anyway.  The sky and the ocean are such wonders to me and always make me think of God.

     *this little goober.  I love my grandson and his goofiness.

So what are you thankful for? Do tell!

Cathy

13 comments:

  1. I love that idea of giving the pastor some questions... its probably a good way to find out what's on everyone's mind & tap into some things that you never thought to discuss before.
    I cant believe how big your little guy is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a good thing. Often we find out that the question someone asks, others have been wondering about too. We love it!

      I know right? He'll be 3 next month!

      Delete
  2. I am always thankful when I have extra time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Ask the Pastor' is a great idea! I'm going to bring that up at Monday's Bible study and gauge their reactions. (Being as I'm the 'newbie.')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they go for it. It really has been good for us.

      Delete
  4. I love that your pastor does the "Ask the Pastor" idea. That's a great way to get people to interact and study. Love the moon shot. It's good enough! I know how hard it is to take a good picture of the moon...I have given up on it! So you did good. Your little "goober" is adorable! You are blessed!! Enjoy him all you can. They grow up way too fast. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really like it at our church and sometimes he'll reverse it and the pastor asks us a question and then gives us a couple of weeks to study it. That's really cool too.

      Delete
  5. Your little grandson is just adorable! Love the photo of him in those sunglasses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have a terrific Pastor and an interesting study group! Your grandson is SO cute! I enjoyed your post today! Uplifting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I think we have a pretty terrific Pastor, as he's my husband! lol

      Delete
  7. What am I thankful for? Many things (of course), including sweet lovers of Jesus who share their faith on their blogs!

    Your grandson is so cute with those big sunglasses. And I agree with you that taking snapshots of the huge moon does not do it justice, but I can see its beauty all the same in the one you posted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy