If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge





1. The US of A celebrated Memorial Day this past Monday. Does your family have any military ties? If so, tell us about them.
My father-in-law served and so did many of my cousins.

This is my father-in-law
2. Cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, potato chips, mac and cheese, macaroni salad...your favorite BBQ side? How many of these do you make from scratch vs. buying from the deli?
My favorite is baked beans, and yes I make them.

3.  I enjoyed asking this question back when the Hodgepodge was a regular thing...Lake Superior State University posts a list each year of words they think should be banished from the Queen's English for misuse, overuse, and/or general uselessness. The 2020 list includes-quid pro quo, artisanal, curated, influencer, literally, I mean, living my best life, mouthful (word used by foodies to describe texture of food in their mouth), chirp (basically an insult, you can read more on the website), jelly (short for jealous), totes (short for totally), vibe, and OK Boomer (internet response from millenial to older generation).

Of the words/phrases listed which would you most like to see 'banned'?

Literally is the one I'd like to see gone.  People use it all the time and sometimes they literally use it wrong.


4. I'm sure next year's list will be filled with words springing out of this weird season we're all in currently. What word or phrase associated with the Corona would you be happy to hear less often?

Stay at Home Orders -- I'm not saying it's wasn't necessary, but I'm just tired of hearing about it.

5.  The month of May wraps up in just a few days. Bid her adieu in ten words or less.

Goodbye May, I'm ready to move on to other things.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

It sure seems that around here, it's gone from winter-straight into summer.  On Mother's Day we were worrying about freezes and now it's in the 80's.  Crazy!

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. It looks like we are all tired of the same old phrases that are constant during this COVID-19 dilemma. We are heating up here, too. Hope the rest of your May goes well in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope yours is good also.

      Delete
  2. I think we all have basically the same thought about May. I will admit with the little bit of easing of restrictions that May was better than March or April. Not good or great, but better. A little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very tired of hearing "social distancing". I am a social butterfly and this is getting very old, especially when it comes to the restrictions for churches. I wrote about that last night. Praying my way through this. I made baked beans for Memorial Day weekend...and potato salad and coleslaw...and pie...and brownies...etc. (We had two different days of eating!) Oh, and corn on the cob...It was all yummy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy! Wish I could have visited with you! lol

      Delete
  4. Great adieu! Praying that the rest of 2020 is kinder and gentler. Baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like the weather everywhere has been so strange, including ours here. We have had so.much.rain and gloomy skies which are unusual for us, particularly this time of year. Hubs keeps saying we might have to move further south : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep wondering if we need to build and ark! lol

      Delete
  6. Thank you for their service to our country. Literally is a good word to get rid of. Like your adieu to May. Crazy weather everywhere. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think most are really tired of social distancing, masks, closed businesses and for me, not being able to go inside my Dad's assisted living facility. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I can't visit my sister either. I did get to see her the day of the parade and one day a couple weeks ago, I delivered some groceries for her and she was sitting outside. I asked an employee if I could sit and talk with her (I had on a mask) and they said we're not supposed to, but she said she wouldn't tell anyone. It was nice to sit across the sidewalk from her and just talk for a few minutes face to face. Hope you get to see your dad soon Lea!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy