If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

She Said Yes to the Dress!

 I had a great 3 days with Kelli in Florida.  I flew in on Friday afternoon.  We went to her house and relaxed there for the evening.  We watched the new Mulan (which I liked better than she did) and had Chinese Take-Out for dinner (rather appropriate, don't you think?)  

Friday morning we got up early and got ready and went and picked up her almost mother-in-law and headed to her appointment for a wedding dress.  This was such a cute little boutique and they had so many beautiful dresses.  It was so fun watching her trying them on and getting everyone's opinion.  1 bridesmaid, 2 friends and the mother-in-law and me were the only ones in the shop.  We laughed and talked and critiqued each dress.  The attendant did a wonderful job of listening and bringing out the most beautiful dresses.  

It was about the 7th dress or so when she walked out of the dressing room and said, "This is it.  This is the one!!"  And she was right.  It was absolutely beautiful and just what she had been describing.  Nothing quite like seeing your daughter so happy and looking like a princess!  Of course, I won't show her in her dress, but I'll show a couple of pictures that were taken at the appointment.


This is the cute little viewing room.  
Mother-in-law, Bride, Mother

Bridesmaid and Bride (the other bridesmaids are all out-of-state)

Friends and Bride

When we left we all went to lunch and this was our view.  St. Pete, FL




What a wonderful time we had and I'm so thankful I got to fly in for 3 days and be there for this!  Next stop, wedding in March.  

Cathy



17 comments:

  1. How fun! Your girl's just glowing! Now I can't wait to see photos of her in The Dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very happy and she's beautiful in the dress!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love those kind of boutiques. I can't wait to see the wedding dress, grin. Have a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Glad she found "the dress" and so glad you were able to be there with her for that special time. Hope you enjoyed Florida too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did enjoy Florida. My hair didn't, but I did! lol

      Delete
  4. Such a special moment in your lives. So happy you were there and that she found the dress of her dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you and your daughter. So happy you got to be a part of her day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - you have some exciting times coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had such a fun visit! And she found her dress...hooray! Enjoy the coming months of planning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun and how great that she found her perfect dress! I am sad that you were so close and we couldn't meet in person but those three days were so special for you and your girl. Perhaps another time!! I can't wait to see her in her dress!! Thanks for sharing such a special time with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I am so happy for you to have been able to spend that time with your daughter and her friends, etc. and enjoy this very special moment. What fun! Glad the weather cooperated and that you had beautiful times together. Can't wait to see the dress! March will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love so much you got to go wedding dress shopping with your girl - what a special time. I LOVE wedding dresses so cant wait to see what she picked.
    Love you had Chinese food after Mulan :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Such a fun happy season : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy