If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, October 2, 2020

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

 


I am a Survivor.  I was diagnosed in late January, early February of 2016.  I went through months of chemotherapy and then had 2 surgeries and weeks of radiation which ended in December of that year..  

First of all, I am so thankful to God for how He gave me such a peace that I had never had before when I was diagnosed and through all the treatments.  Rarely did I get really scared and I'm the person who has white-coat syndrome really bad.  But that year because of the prayers of everyone, God gave me a peace so that when I went for treatment or for a doctor visit or even surgery, there really was very little fear.  That has got to be a God thing!

I'm also very thankful for my husband and how he was always there with me each step of the way.  He went to every chemo treatment and every radiation treatment except one, I think because he had a doctor's appointment.  He was my rock.

I'm also thankful for my sister who is a 29-30 year survivor.  She called me most days and checked in and was just a real blessing.  She'll never know what she meant to be through that time.  I've tried to tell her, but I just can't really express it fully.

I'm also thankful for every person who said a prayer for me or sent a card or a gift or just a word of encouragement.  You know who you are and I love you.  My church family were also so very supportive.  I can't imagine going through that year with them.

I was blessed with 3 awesome doctors that told me from the beginning they were going for the cure.  They were patient and explained everything they were planning and were just awesome.  Also, every nurse, everyone who administered my chemo, were so awesome!

I am very blessed.

Now, I want to suggest that all of you be sure to get your annual mammogram.  Unfortunately, I hadn't had a mammogram in several years.  Maybe if I had kept up with them, my cancer would not have invaded as much as it did.  I don't beat myself up over it, but I surely don't want you to have to go through what I went through.  Yes, I know mammograms are uncomfortable and sometimes even a little painful.  But trust me it is nothing like all the treatments for cancer.  You better believe I don't miss them any more.  

Take care my friends!

Cathy

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful you have survived. My aunt is going through treatment now. I posted her picture at my blog. I get my test each year. Have a great weekend Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are here with us today! I get my mammogram every year. There is no breast cancer in my family but nearly every other kind so I am always diligent to get things checked as scheduled. And, I am a thyroid cancer survivor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Cathy! This is the first year I've not had my mammogram. To tell the truth, I've probably used the Covid scare as a crutch. I'm going to talk to my doctor at next month's appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are INDEED a survivor my friend!
    Thank you for sharing your journey & pointing out the blessings all along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful you are here with us. I can't imagine going through what you have been through. In the last two years I had to go back and it was scary. However all was well and I am thankful. I did learn from a friend that if you stay away from chocolate and caffeine it is less painful. Everyone must go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful story of perseverance and survival and victory! I didn't know you back then when you were going through that. I am so glad that you are here today to bless our lives. Your story is powerful, so please keep sharing it with others! Praise God for His power to heal, and for the doctors and nurses and all who are out there to do His work. I guess I need to schedule my mammo soon. I did have one last year, but the time is coming around again for the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy