If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. Tell us about your favorite moment or share one of the bright spots from the year we're leaving behind. Sorry I can't follow the rule on this question.  Bright spots were when both daughters were in Ohio over the summer/fall for visits and  visiting my daughter in Florida and going with her to pick out her wedding dress.  And also hubby's and my trip to Myrtle Beach.  

Kerri and Colton flying to us in the summer

Kelli and I at a sunflower field in the fall

Lunch in the ocean breeze after finding her wedding dress


2. What do you wish you'd known at the start of 2020? Elaborate. I think I'm okay with exactly how it was.  I don't think I would change it unless I had the power to do away with Covid and give us a normal year.  I trust God (at least I really try to) with each day and I don't want to know in advance what's going to happen.

3. Best book you read this year? I've read quite a few, but really no favorite.  They were all good or I wouldn't have finished them.  That being said, they were mostly just really light fiction reading which is my favorite.  If you did not read any books this year, what's the best thing you ate all year? We've all eaten, right? I've had some good meals, but nothing specific jumps out at me.

4. The Pantone Colors of the year for 2021 are ultimate gray and illuminating yellow (a bright shade)...are you a fan? Would we find either of these colors in your home or wardrobe? I think they are both beautiful colors.  I have grey carpet in the bedrooms (although I plan to change them out in 2021 and I love yellow, but I don't wear it often, nor do I have it in my house, but you never know it could show up in my bathroom redo.  I've always wanted a royal blue and yellow themed bathroom.

5. If you were/are making a list of 21 things to do/accomplish in 2021 what is one thing that would be on it? Retire

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I know I've posted this before, but really it's so true!

Happy New Year!!!

Cathy

20 comments:

  1. HA on the last graphic; Amen to that sister, because folks should expect (or is it NOT?) of me, grin.

    Beautiful photos, I am trying to remain optimistic for 2021. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you, but it is definitely true for me! ha

      Delete
  2. Amen to your #2! God is in control...we just have to remember that and hang on for the ride. It'll all work out in the end. Gray and yellow? Nothing against, either, but I don't like them together. It's a favorite color combo of my daughter's. I did our redone bathroom in gray, but added turquoise touches. Oh, I hope you get to retire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love turquoise too, so I be that's really pretty.

      Delete
  3. It's good you have a lot of bright spots in your year. I think most of us do if we step back and look at our lives. Retire!whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had that time with your daughters. Time with family is so important! Praying you can retire this year. Happy New Year Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you made the best of 2020 with some great family moments! Hope that retirement happens and with a celebration! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great Hodgepodge for the end of this crazy year! We didn't have too much out of whack either, this year but I would sure like to have not had shutdowns and sickness and death for so many. Being retired made the difference for us. Wishing you and yours and all of us a brighter and healthier new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow is my favorite color, but it doesn't complement my my skin tone. It took me a while to make the decision to retire, but now I know it was the BEST thing I've ever done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm finally ready. Just want to hit my 45 year mark which is in September.

      Delete
  8. Retirement was the best thing I decided to do when I decided to do it. I didn't know HOW God was going to take care of us, but He has proven Himself faithful to meet all our needs and even a few of our wants. To me it has been nothing short of miraculous how He has done that. I am not a big fan of grays and yellows, but I can see where it does look nice together in certain combinations...just not on me! LOL. You certainly had some wonderful high points in 2020 with those lovely visits and trips. Amazing even in light of COVID and all the restrictions you were still able to make that happen, and I believe that is also a blessing of God! We are all praying and trusting that 2021 will be a much better year in every way. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of encouragement about retirement. I'm a little concerned about insurance because my job has always been the provider of the insurance. But I should still get insurance and we'll have to buy hubby's for 5 years until he's old enough to get Medicare. But we're trusting God. He has always provided for us through the years and I know He's not going to drop the ball now!

      We're hoping the COVID will go away and restrictions can be removed.

      Delete
  9. I need that last meme! Totally me!
    Are you living in Ohio?? I just moved to Ohio!
    I hope you can retire in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes those were bright spots and I love the photos. Good luck with the changes you plan on doing in the house. I do love those two colors this year. Love your random.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy