If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What's something that reminds you of your grandmother? Church and sewing. Tell us why. Grandma was all about Jesus and she rarely ever missed a church service.  Also grandma was a seamstress and had a sewing room set up in her house.  She sewed for the local dry cleaners making repairs for people and she always fitted all the band uniforms for the school.  If we would visit during the daytime she had a rocking chair with a leather covered pillow that we sat in to talk with her while she sewed  I now have that chair in my house and it always reminds me of her.

That's grandma's chair in a photo I took probably 10-15 years ago at least.

2. Is your life currently more 'moonlight and roses' or a little more 'every rose has it's thorn'? Elaborate. I’m a fairly positive type person, so I guess I’d say moonlight and roses.

3. June 23rd is National Pink Day...favorite thing you own in any shade of pink? I don’t really own much pink even though I really do like the color. Favorite thing found in nature in any shade of pink?  Pink skies. Your favorite pink food or beverage? Pink lemonade. Your favorite shade of pink? Either hot pink or a really pale pink.




4. Last thing that had you 'tickled pink'? See #6.  That saying tickles me.

5. What are two or three words that describe your style?  Relaxed and casual.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 



Thanks for visiting and if you want to participate, click on the Hodgepodge button at the top of this post.

Cathy

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have your grandmother's rocking chair and those sky shots are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Piggy for the win! My grandmother's rocker made my post, too.
    http://inmywords.kimdeister.com/2021/06/23/wednesday-hodgepodge-424/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I'll go check your post out.

      Delete
  3. That Miss Piggy meme is a delight! Wouldn't your grandmother be 'tickled pink' that you've kept her chair? What a wealth of warm memories it must evoke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rocking chair story. That's so special. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chair is a treasure, for sure! We have similar descriptive words! I love that quote by Miss Piggy! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it is too and that quote cracks me up and I think I'll make it my life motto. lol

      Delete
  6. Your grandma's sewing room reminds of my grandma's sewing machine in her guest room. I learned to sew on that old treadle machine.
    That chair is very special.
    Miss Piggy was a wise lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute quote at the end. I love the rocking chair at your Grandmother's house. I have a rocking chair with a leather pillow in it that I wish I had some grandkids to come and visit with me and sit in the chair and watch me do something...like bake some cookies! I am not much of a "pink" person either, but I like your choices. The beautiful shades of pink in the sunrises and sunsets are so amazing. God is the Master Designer. I hope you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Pamela and I agree, God is truly the Master Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely memory of your grandmother. Your sky photos are lovely. Gotta love Miss Piggy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy