If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 


It's time for Thankful Thursday.  Here are some things I'm thankful for today.

**I've been walking each day at least a mile and for at least 30 minutes.  It makes me happy, first because I enjoy the time outside early, being with the dog and talking with God sometimes and second I enjoy seeing all the flowers and birds and listening to the birds sing.  I sometimes think if the earth and all creation is this beautiful, then what in the world will Heaven be like.  I don't think we can even imagine and that anything we do think, probably sells it short.  It's going to be so amazing to be there.

I started this post this morning and then had to stop because we went to lunch with my mother-in-law and my sister and her husband.  We went to a place called Rod's Capricorn Inn and they have the best cheeseburgers and fries, among other things.  I'm so thankful to have been able to spend time with them and also to take a good drive out in the country.  

Tracy heard there is a covered bridge in that area, so we went in search of it.  It's no longer over the road, but it is beautiful and I'm so glad we went.  Below are a couple of pictures.







Stopped at my sister's yesterday and she showed me this nest in her hanging basket of flowers on the front porch.  I'm so thankful for all the birds I've been seeing and hearing.


I'm thankful for beautiful skies too.  Our weather has been very nice this week, although the heat is coming back now.  Below are some photos of the sky on Tuesday morning when we were walking.



God is so good and I am just so thankful to be His child.  I hope you are too.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Good for you walking each day. It is so good for your health. I loved the covered bridge. I'm so glad you got to see it. Reminds me of the movie "The Bridges of Madison County." Those are some amazing cloud photos. I love clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am thankful to be His child!! And to be able to enjoy the beauty of His creation around us is such a blessing! Thank you for sharing such lovely pictures with us! I enjoyed them all...the clouds, the bird's nest, the covered bridge...they are so wonderful aren't they? They are becoming very scarce. I'm glad they decided to preserve that one! I think you are enjoying your retirement. IT's showing in your photos and posts. Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week. God is good, and we are blessed to be His children indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for babies in flowerpots!! I have had babies in mine for the past five years. Sadly, I think they skipped me this year :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. God IS so good and I am also thankful to be His child. I love covered bridges and there used to be seven or eight of them in Fairfield County. I'm sure they are all gone now but we loved going through them! The birds found a nice place for a (temporary) home!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am very thankful to know whose daughter I am and for the beautiful world He created for us to enjoy. Good for you getting those walks in! Send some of that motivation my way, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty part of the country you get to enjoy! Have yourselves a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanking God for His goodness, as well. Have a wonderful weekend ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a covered bridge. There was one (still is) in the neighborhood I grew up in and I feel so nostalgic whenever I see one still. There are not a lot around. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post. So many things to be thankful for, but I am like you- I am most thankful to be His child and for the love that He lavishes on all of us daily. He is so good, so faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy