If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2022

Saturday 9

 

This Night Won't Last Forever Welcome to Saturday: 9


Saturday 9: This Night Won't Last Forever (1979) Unfamiliar with this week's tune.  Hear it here.

 1) This song begins with, "Everybody likes a celebration." Do you have any birthdays or anniversaries coming up on your calendar? My oldest brother's birthday is next week.  But he passed away in 2014 and his celebration will be in Heaven.  He would have been 72 this year.  I miss you Larry but I know you are in a better place and I'll see you when it's my turn.


 2) The lyrics tell us Michael Johnson is stuck at a party while his heart is breaking. He finds it awkward and painful to pretend there's nothing wrong. Are adept at "putting a good face on it?" Or is it easy for others to tell how you're feeling? Sometimes I'm good at hiding my feelings, but not most of the time.  Or maybe it's just depending on who I'm with whether they show our not.

 3) Michael feels like this is going to be a long night. Is there a part of your day when time tends to drag? Or when it flies? When I was working, time really dragged there, but now it all moves pretty smoothly and even fast if you consider I'm already in my 9th month of retirement. 

 4) As bad as he feels right now, he's still hopeful about tomorrow. What are you looking forward to for Sunday? Church services for sure, but especially tomorrow night when we have our monthly Hymn Sing service.  I love these nights.

 5) When he was 13, Michael taught himself to play the guitar. He went on to take formal lessons and mastered classical guitar. What's something you would like learn more about/do better? I want to learn to play the ukulele and/or a dulcimer.  I'm not sure why, but it's been a dream for quite a while.

 6) For a time he performed with a trio known as Denver, Boise & Johnson. The Denver was John. Do you have a favorite John Denver song? Uh!  All of them!!!

 7) He retired to Minneapolis to be near his adult daughter. But he never stopped performing entirely. For years he delighted loyal local fans with with an annual holiday concert on December 26 at Orchestra Hall. Is there a performer you've seen in concert more than once? Multiple Southern Gospel Artists.  Mom and Dad used to take us as kids sometimes and I also went to a couple of the Annual Gospel Quartet Conventions in Nashville with my Aunt and Uncle.

 8) In 1979, when this song was popular, the cable channel ESPN launched. What's the last sporting event that you watched? I'm not too much into watching sports, but I enjoy watching some of the Olympic Sports Events such as gymnastics and ice skating.

 9) Random question: Do you play Wordle? Yes.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

16 comments:

  1. #1 Your brother looks a lot like my brother and I am worrying about him his driving is slowing down. I don't think we will be getting together that much because of our driving.
    #8 I agree, sports are overrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you still have your brother and I hope you will still be able to get together sometimes.

      Delete
  2. I love John Denver's music, too! Good point about showing our emotions depending on those we happen to be around. When I worked at the resort, I soon had to learn to closet my real feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are definitely times we have to do that.

      Delete
  3. You can learn a lot about ukulele playing on youtube. I hope you buy an instrument and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #6- exactly! I love John Denver. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like John Denver songs as well! Have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said Olympics too!! I think we are the only two who did! I enjoyed your answers!! Wishing you blessings tomorrow and in the week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite uncle would be celebrating his birthday tomorrow, and I miss him, so I appreciate your answer to #1. I wonder, is the dulcimer complicated to play? I know so little about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for your loss. As for the dulcimer, I have no idea, but I love the music it makes.

      Delete
  8. Retirement is the time of life that is the most like childhood. heehee I love the dulcimer. Wanted to play it, too. It's hard to let go of loved ones and let it be, but, yes they are in a better place. I miss my daughter all the time, too. But most of all around her birthday, or in October because this is the month we used to travel up to see all the girls. Have a wonderful week, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS. I think I've seen your church in a movie recently. I mean they used the front of the church for the approach, and probably a sound stage for the inside scenes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy