If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Currently - October

I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing with Thankfulness for October's Currently.   Today we're talking about what we're currently anticipating, admiring, spending or consuming, wanting, and purging or deleting. So here are my thoughts.

Anticipating: Our trip to the beach next month.


Admiring: The beautiful colors of the trees as the leaves are beginning to change.


Spending/Consuming: We're consuming some of the more wintry food such as chili (hubby has made it twice already) and beef and noodles (bought a roast a couple weeks ago and cut it in half and the 2nd half is in the crock pot cooking as I type.)  Can't wait to get home and have supper.

Wanting:  To start crocheting a new stitch.  I've got the yarn and have watched the video, but haven't started it yet.  Planning to start it when I get done with this post.  I think I'm going to make a lap blanket or shawl with it.  We'll see how it goes. 

Purging/Deleting:  I'm not sure but why, but recently I've been really bad about not cleaning out my email in-box.  Typically, I clean it out everyday.  But currently, I have over 500 emails there.  I think it's because I get so much trash mail, but I have to check be careful, because I get so many mails that have to do with my retirement and insurance stuff and I have to be careful not to delete any of those. Really, that's just an excuse, so that's something I really need to do today!  In fact, I think I'll do that first and then start the crochet project.

Well, that's it for now.  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy 


15 comments:

  1. I have really been thinking about chili lately. Often - and now another reference. I really think I need to make some this weekend:) Something about chili in October is perfect!! I hope you have the best time on your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my in-box cleaned out too and it bugs me when I let it go for a half day. Crazy the junk that comes in!! A beach vacation is always good to anticipate - and even better when you get there!! Keep us posted! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chili sounds so good right now! This is the second time I've read about it today. Maybe I need to make that soon! Those leaves are beautiful! I know you're excited about your beach trip...I hope the weather is good for you while you're there! Thanks for linking up with us today, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer and thanks for the prompts.

      Delete
  4. I've fallen WAY behind on purging my emails as well. It is really out of control right now! I noticed your tree photos are very similar - love the fall colors! Visiting from Currently #10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were out today and I was noticing here and there that there are some beautiful colors. Mostly it's still green, but they are in transition for sure.

      Delete
  5. Chili and pot roast are two of my favorites! We're doing a Mississippi Pot Roast this weekend, but now I'm finding it hard to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had chili last weekend. I think we didn't cook the roast quite long enough, but it still wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  6. We had leftover pot roast in sandwich form tonight and we're having chili tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be a little further north than us. Our trees are barely starting to lose their green color, but over the weekend we went an hour north and the trees were much further along. This coming weekend we are driving up to visit my father and he's just a little south of Erie, PA. I expect the colors will be lovely. I hope we get a nice day for the drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just seeing the colors here and there. But I'm enjoying them.

      Delete
  8. I like the things you listed for your thankfulness. I try to keep up with my email each day. Good luck with clearing yours out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy