If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Thankful Thursday

I'm sitting in my office on Wednesday afternoon and thinking about what I am thankful for this week.

***Office - speaking of being in the office, I am very thankful to have this office.  It's a place I enjoy being and I get so many things I love doing, accomplished here.

***Reading - I'm thankful that my mom passed down her love of reading.  I remember as a child she used to take us to the library quite often in the summer.  We'd all check out books (including her) and we'd go home and just enjoy reading.  I'm also very thankful for good Christian fiction writers.  They are my favorite to read, especially when it comes to the romance books, which I have been reading forever. I'm currently reading the book pictured below on my Kindle.  This is book 49 for the year and my Goodreads goal is 50.  I think I’m going to make it  


***Retirement - It has been almost a year now.  My last day was December 31, 2021.  I just feel so blessed and when I'm asked how I like retirement, my answer is, I love it and I highly recommend it.

***My Girls - Love them both.  My oldest facetimed me yesterday to let me know she got the promotion she applied for.  I am so happy for her and proud of her too.  She loves her job and this will be a raise and will help them toward their goal of buying a home in the next couple of years.  My youngest calls me almost every day and we chat and have a good time.  She took a part-time job at a McDonald's near her son's school and I love that she's doing that.  It gives her something to do while he's at school and some extra spending money.  I'm very proud and love both my girls so much.


My beautiful girls at the oldest's wedding

Oh how I loved these days too!

That's all I'll share this week, but there are so many things to be thankful for, as God has always been and will always be so good to me.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy

11 comments:

  1. My mom used to take me to the library or used book stores & I can still remember the excited feeling - I know its what spurred on my love of reading.
    I love having an office at home - its just good to have your own space to do computer work or paper work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but my office is at the church and hopefully I'll have one at home soon too.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your girl's promotion! It sounds as if your church office is becoming a really special spot in which to create. Not a "she shed" exactly, but some place your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to have such a nice list of things to be thankful for. Your girls are so beautiful!!! I know you enjoy talking with them, and how wonderful when they are doing well and enjoying their lives. What a blessing! And I knew you would love retirement once you got there! I love it too, but also enjoy going to our kids' store most mornings and getting out for a while and meeting people. I have had to miss it this past week due to being sick, but hopefully I will be able to go tomorrow for a few hours. It's good to get out and see people. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful weekend. It must be getting cold up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think they are beautiful too. You were right, I really do love retirement. I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you get to go to your kids' store tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete
  4. Your girls are beautiful!! Your thankful list is lovely!! Have a blessed Friday and weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I think they are beautiful too...inside and out.

      Delete
  5. Cathy, what a great list of things to be thankful for this week! It's so hard to believe it's been almost a year of you being retired. I know you've enjoyed every second! Your girls are beautiful- I loved reading about them! I know you are so very proud of them both. I also inherited my mom's love of reading. I think you're definitely going to make that goal! That's awesome. I need to check out the author you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the days of matching Christmas outfits. With a girl and two boys, it could get tricky but my mom always found the sweetest things. Congrats on a year of retirement - and to really embracing it and enjoying a new season of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post. So much to be thankful for. I love seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy