If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Tuesday 4 - TV Time

TV Time



 Welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.


1. TV has become a part of daily life.  How much TV would you say you watch weekly? Probably a lot more than I should. Maybe 30 hours give/or take.

2. What is the earliest TV program you remember enjoying? I loved Saturday cartoons and then there was a movie with Kukla Fran and Ollie as emcees, The Real McCoys and Sky King.


3.  Everyone seems to like the TV program Yellowstone. Why do you like/dislike it or why have you not tuned in?  Do you recommend something else? I've heard of it but have never watched it.  Maybe other's comments who watch it will help me decide if I want to watch it.

4.   How many of the western programs and their stars did you watch back when westerns were popular fare on TV?  How many do you recognize? Try not to look at the list below! Gunsmoke was probably my favorite.  But I also watched Rifleman, High Chaparral and I'm not sure what else.

1959 Photo of all the Warner Brothers Studio television western stars who had programs on ABC. From left: Will Hutchins ("Sugarfoot" Brewster-Sugarfoot), Peter Brown (Johnny McKay-Lawman), Jack Kelly (Bart Maverick-Maverick), Ty Hardin (Bronco Laine-Bronco), James Garner (Bret Maverick-Maverick), Wayde Preston (Christopher Colt-Colt .45), John Russell (Dan Troop-Lawman).

I didn't really recognize any from the picture.  However, after reading the list, James Garner is very familiar.

Well that's it for me.  Thanks Annie for the great questions and for bringing back some memories.

Cathy

 

8 comments:

  1. I liked James Garner too on TV and in movies. I had forgotten about the Real McCoys. I sometimes walk like Grandpa. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, The Real McCoys. I remember the grumpy grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally forgotten about the Real McCoys! Here I thought I was the only soul who's never watched Yellowstone! After years of following 'Dallas', 'Falcon Crest' (etc.) I'm leery of getting hooked on another serial drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the comments I'm reading, I'm pretty sure I won't be watching it.

      Delete
  4. I am catching up. Loved your answers!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I watch more than I should. Cartoons were always fun. I didn't watch Westerns. We watch Yellowstone and have liked it but it's not an easy show to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy