If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Currently - June 2023


Today it's time for the June Currently Post.   You can link up with Jennifer here, as she is the hostess.  This months topics are Things we are Currently loving, doing, trying, seeing, and reading.

Currently I am:

Loving: My hummingbird feeders and sitting on the porch and watching the hummingbirds feeding.   Here are a couple pictures I took last night of my feeders, but there are no birds in the pictures, but  I did see one or two but I was just not fast enough to catch them.




I love listening to my chimes too.

Doing:   I'm working on this new baby blanket.  It's pretty slow work, as I am not a fast crocheter.  But I'm really enjoying crocheting again.  

There is only one stitch in this blanket
 and it is half-double crochet.

Trying:   I'm attempting to trim our hedges.  I've not done this in years, but I think I'm getting the hang of it again.  I just can't do it for as long a time as I used to.  But that's okay, I'm getting there.  
I've got the smaller ones mostly done here, and
 now I'm working on the big corner bushes. 
In this picture I hadn't started those yet.

Seeing:  Hopefully I'll be seeing a lot better real soon.  I finally went back to the eye doctor yesterday and definitely needed a stronger prescription than the last ones I got about 4 years ago.  Here's a photo of the ones I ordered.  I was texting pictures to my girls (in Florida and Texas) and we all agreed we liked these best.  

You can't really tell in this picture,
but the frames have a lot of blue
in them.

Reading:  I'm reading another Alana Terry book and another Jean Kuhnke book.

That's it for today.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy


18 comments:

  1. Cathy, it must be nice watching the birds visit the feeders. I like the baby blanket you are working. The colors are so pretty. Thanks for the blog visit and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for the kind word and for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  2. Your front porch looks so pretty with that hanging basket of blooms! Good idea, getting second and third opinions from your daughters. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen a single hummingbird at my feeder. Need to add more nectar to mine.

    I love wnd chimes but PC not so much. I hang them up, he takes them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I'm glad hubby likes them too, so he doesn't take them down. lol

      Delete
  4. I love your porch views and the wind chimes and the hummingbird feeders.. We just have one feeder, and it stays pretty busy. I have one set of wind chimes on our porch, which were custom made in memory of our son. I love to hear them chime. It always makes me think of Matthew. You are doing a great job on your hedges. That is a lot of work and hard on the arms. I know I can't do much of that anymore. I did actually mow a little bit today, but I am sure I will feel it later. Your glasses are very pretty! How nice to get input from your girls! That was a smart idea! Enjoy your summer days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the mowing didn’t hurt you. Thank you

      Delete
  5. I love watching the humming birds too but they can be so hard to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors are so pretty for the baby blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby blanket is really pretty! I haven't crocheted in years. Looks like a great job! I like your new glasses! Your home, lawn and buses are lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new glasses! I also love hummingbird feeders. We had some last year, but they were hanging on a shepherd's hook that was buried in the ground, and the feeders created a major ant problem for us. So, we took it down and haven't put one back up yet. My husband really doesn't want us hanging anything off our newly sided house, so I guess we'll just enjoy seeing that in other's yards. Great job on your hedges! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to do a feeder again they make ant guards for them. You can get them at Lowe’s and probably other places. If you notice the orange thing above the feeder on the shepherd’s hook, that is the ant guard. It really works.

      Delete
  9. I need to figure out a place to hang my hummingbird feeder - we don't have much suitable space here but I'm going to give it a try. I love watching the birds at the feeders!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy