If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Project 365

Click on the Project 365 Button above and join with Sara in all the fun.

Monday, July 27th - ducks swimming in the creek behind our hotel. I wanted to get out in this creek but it started raining Tuesday and the creek swelled up and was moving much much faster than I was willing to be in. However, when it wasn't raining I still enjoyed sitting out and listening and watching the water.
Tuesday, July 28th - We did a Subway picnic up in the mountains at Chimney Tops Picnic area. I love this place. Above is KJS hating having her picture taken and below is a picture of one of the picnic areas.


Wednesday, July 29th - Black-eyed Susans - at least that's what I call them.

Thursday, July 30th - This was a display in the lobby of one of the stores we visited and I talked KJS into posing. Poor thing, her sister wasn't there so she had to suffer through all the picture taking. If you look at her hands you can see the new cell phone. Trust me, it never left her side and was usually in her hands being used!!!! ;)

Friday, July 31st - This is a picture of the creek from the ground level parking garage under our hotel on Friday as we were getting ready to leave. As you can tell, it was pouring the rain and the creek was much higher than at the beginning of the week.

Saturday, August 1st - Ok I cheated on this picture. I actually took it today but I received this book in the mail (which I won in a contest from Mocha Momma) on Saturday. So that sorta counts....right? :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow...I can't believe how much the river rose. I don't think I would have gone in either. Looks like a beautiful place and sounds like it was very relaxing. Too bad your book hadn't come in before your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a lot of rain!!! We had record rainfall here for the month of July.

    and I just got a glimpse of what Jared will be like after Jason leaves for college and will be the only one to suffer through my picture taking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful picnic area!! i'm ready for it to cool off a bit so we can start doing some stuff like that again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love ur pics, especially the bears!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. You visit such beautiful places. I love the name Chimney Tops Picnic area.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Black Eyed Susans, so fun and colorful.

    The picnic area is beautiful. It really looks peaceful there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rain, especially the soft persistent kind :-) Especially if I have a good book and can curl up right by a window (or on a balcony!) and listen to the pitter patter...

    Looks like a good week hangin' with the family :-) Hope the next one is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We call them Black-Eye'd Susans too. Your photo of them is BEAUTIFUL! Belongs in a magazine! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the flowers, and all your photos, and your first book review! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy