If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Be sure to click the button above to join in the fun of Hodgepodge.

1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way?
No, not usually, however our church is corporately (over 500 churches participating so far) doing a 40 day fast starting next week to go up to Easter.  So I guess it's a similar thing.  I can't wait to see what God is going to do.

2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
With butter and maple syrup.  I also love pigs in a blanket (sausages wrapped in pancakes) with butter and maple syrup.

 
3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights.
Lilacs from my Miss Kim Lilac Bushes are my favorite spring flower and no I do not suffer from seasonal allergies.



4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why?
Wait a minute, I don't feel like thinking that hard.  Can I just go back and talk about spring flowers?  How about I just say, it's probably a little bit of both.  Sorry, that's about as deep as I can make it today.

5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen?
No, I've never been in a parade.  The best parade I've seen is Spectromagic at Disney World.  We saw it after dark late one evening the last time we were there and it was just magical.  Usually we don't take time to watch the parades, but I'm so glad we did this time.  It was beautiful. Here are 3 of the pictures I took from that parade.



6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________?
My daughter got the position of RA for next year at school!

7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
It's not clean inside or out right now. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
If you'd be a happy soul,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut--
And not upon the hole!

Go to fullsize image


10 comments:

  1. I love lilacs too...we had two lilac trees in our garden in the UK and the smell was absolutely heavnely. I need a lilac tree in my yard here....hmmm...can they withstand a harsh winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Beautiful Parade pictures!!! I have a Lilac tree in my yard and it does smell wonderful when it blooms - not for another month yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Disneyworld has the best parades ever! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilacs ... oooh, I just love lilacs.

    I think the Spectromagic is the parade we saw at Disney that I blogged about (I couldn't remember the name when I was writing my Wednesday Hodgepodge post). It was pretty spectacular, wasn't it?

    I like that little poem at the end ... cute and so true.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers this week, Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be in a DISNEY parade.. .can you imagine? Even better, a PRINCESS in a DISNEY parade. The only thing that would top it, was if Steven Curtis Chapman was my Prince Charming in this parade... aahh - dreaming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your random thought! Fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pigs in a blanket reminds me of when I was pregnant with my second child. I fell in love with McDonald's pancakes and sausage. I lived for these. Fortunately, there was a McDonalds across the parking lot from the building I worked in. I visited that McDonalds every single morning for three months. There was just something about the syrup and links combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sausage wrapped in pancakes is yummy.

    A lot of us are putting Disney Parades. Aren't they just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lilacs are awesome. I miss those and forsythias from Illinois. Enjoyed reading your answers. I forgot about the Disney parades, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy