If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Don't Have To...I Get To

It's Sunday! Today is the day we go to worship the Lord. I was just thinking as I was drying my hair that so many times on Sunday mornings my thought is:
I have to go to church.
I have to teach the Sunday School today.
I have to play the piano.
I have to do this or that.

And then the thought came to me that it shouldn't be "I have to."  It should be "I get to." 
I have the privilege this morning to go to church.
I have the privilege to teach the Sunday School today.
I have the privilege to play the piano or to do this or that.

You know in so many countries of this world, they don't have that privilege.  Or people sick at home or in a hospital bed don't have that privilege.  Or our young men and women out on the battlefield right now don't have that privilege. 

So today I choose to be glad and enjoy the privilege God has given me.

God forgive me for thinking the wrong way.  Thank you for reminding me this morning it is an awesome thing to be able to worship the Most High God.  Thank you for loving me.  Help me to always remember this.

  • I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD.”

I

4 comments:

  1. great reminder for all of us!!! thanks!

    I AM thankful to be able to worship freely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent reminder that it's all about the attitude! Hope you had a wonderful Sunday at worship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we tend to take so much for granted, even worshiping the Lord.
    What a privilege it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! It's hard sometimes to thank Him for what we DO HAVE instead of what we DON'T HAVE!

    Blessings, sweet friend~
    Laura

    BTW....I love your blog look! :> )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy