If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



If you haven't done the Wednesday Hodgepodge with us before, you really should consider joining in.  It's always so much fun.  Just click the button above and go on over and see Joyce and join in with us.  Go on..you know you want to.

1. Of all the tools and gadgets you own which do you most enjoy using?
My Kindle and my laptop are my favorites.

2. When (if ever) is impatience a virtue?
I'm not really sure that it ever would be. 

3. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to in winter? Do you have another way to heat your house besides a furnace of some type?
Around 68 degrees.  No we have no other heat source except to wrap up in a blanket or afghan when watching TV.

4. Do/did you have a close relationship with any of your grandparents?
Not as close as my girls do with their grandparents.  But I was pretty close to my mom's mom.

5. When did you last have a family portrait taken?
Thanksgiving 2 years ago.  It was not a professional photo though.


6. What does the word patriotism mean to you?
I think this video shows patriotism about as well as anything.


7. Do you like to play cards and if so, what's your favorite card game?
I'm not a big card player, but I do like Solitaire (though I usually play it on the computer) and rummy.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have found so many cute things on Pinterest to make for Christmas.  I love Pinterest and I'm really in the crafting mood.  I bought the stuff this weekend to make a wreath and my daughter is decorating light strands for her room.  I'll take pictures when we get them finished.  I got this idea from Pinterest too. Acorn Cookies.  I made some for Bible Study.  Here are a few of them.



Thanks Joyce for another great week of Hodgepodge questions.


8 comments:

  1. I love the Red Skelton clip...that's great! The acorns are so cute! Lots of inspiration for Christmas, just not sure how much time I have for the actual creating : ) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep our furnace at 68. It's not nearly warm enough for me, so I wear several layers ... and try to spend as much time quilting as I can ... since I had quilt using a hoop, that means I'm wrapped up in a quilt. Mmmm ... warm and toasty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the acorn cookies! And Pinterest. If I only had more time... by the time I get done browsing Pinterest, there's little time left for all the awesome projects I find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made those acorn cookies with my nieces...so fun, cute and easy :)
    I think I going to put a Kindle on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your acorns are so cute.. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing that video! Soooo timeless and one we need to watch every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Red Skeleton clip it is wonderful!! The video was Great!!! I need to go to the Pinterest web site have seen so many posts about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this Red Skeleton video before and it's wonderful. Great answers and I've not been to Pinterest yet, no time really.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy