If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge and Photo-a-Day Challenge - Day 22 "where you work"



1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
My family makes me proud and keeps me humble.

2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house? 
 The Kitchen Counter

3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
Sometimes we do.  My favorite is the Smoky Mountain National Park.

4. How would you define honor?
maybe integrity?

5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?
I like both, but prefer Devil's food (duh?? chocolate)

6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
We went to Indiana on Saturday and Kentucky on Monday.  Just short leisurely road trips.  No snacks in the car right now as we are dieting.  But trail mix is a favorite. 

7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
I think the government sticks there hands in where they don't belong sometimes.  But I really don't know enough about this situation to comment too much.  But come on...chicken nuggets are healthier than a turkey and cheese sandwich...I don't think so!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 I'll use this to do the Photo Challenge I'm participating in.  Today's prompt is "where you work"
I've worked in this building for the past 35 years. My office is the window just to the right of the door. Oh and I have to be honest, I didn't take this picture.  I got it at work.  It's actually from a few years ago.  See, there I go, cheating again.  haha

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day it was when you took that picture-looks like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little tid-bits of information that give us greater insight to your life. Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems a lot of WH folks have been to the Smoky Mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the Great Smoky Mountains! We got married in the Knoxville, TN. area, so they're near and dear to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you were right by me if you were in Indiana into Kentucky...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, most everyone is posting that they love the Smokies ... we've been meaning to go, so I guess all these mentions mean that we HAVE to go now. We pass by there on our way to/from Hilton Head (we drive up through North Carolina/eastern Tennessee to avoid Atlanta), so it would be easy enough to add a couple of days to our trip and spend some time in the Smokies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love learning little things about you! Great post!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed when I read your #1, 2 and 5! Birds of a feather! And we were pretty similar on #7.

    I'd have to agree about SMNP - I was actually torn between it and the Grand Canyon. It's definitely shadier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK I guess I better add SMNP to our bucket list. Seems everyone is going or has been there. Love the building you work in, so cute and "Old town" feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you were in our neighborhood! And we will be in yours after our son and DIL move to Dayton. We will be driving through Cincy when we visit them. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed your answers! I was wavering between the Grand Canyon and the Smokies. Would love to go back to the Smokies and really look around. We were only in the area 1 day. Hope you are having a wonderful week!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy