If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge



Click the Hodgepodge button above to join in the fun.

1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?
Probably not.

2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
Hot Chocolate and sitting by a crackling fire with my hubby.  Although, we don't have a fireplace, but I'd love it if we could sit by one.  :)

3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
Kiwi would be my favorite on this particular list.  I don't think I've ever tried guava or kumquat.
.
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
Why wait until all else fails?  Why not do the right thing first?

5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
No, I don't ski. St. Anton Austria just to visit and sit by that cracking fire (see #2)

6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
One of the last things was prices for a Disney trip.

7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
I like this from a recent sermon of my husbands.
T+HH+GE=SG
Time + Holy Habits + Godly Encouragement = Spiritual Growth


8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just saw "Saving Mr. Banks".  I totally loved it!  It wasn't exactly what I expected, but I loved it.  It was awesome!!!  Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson...Wow!

2nd Random - Lucy did awesome at home all day by herself.  We came home to no accidents and nothing torn up.  Hope she keeps it up. :) 

12 comments:

  1. Yay for Lucy...she sounds like she's learning! Hot cocoa is one thing I love about wintertime, too! Of course, I'm a spring and summer kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so glad to hear that Lucy is behaving herself!

    I would love to see Saving Mr. Banks. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.

    We have a gas fireplace, and while I love the convenience of a gas fireplace, I miss the authenticity and crackling of a real wood fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Miss Lucy managed on her own. Hope she continues behaving : ) We loved Mr. Banks too...hoping to see Lone Survivor this weekend. It looks intense, but is getting great reviews. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fireplaces too even though we don't have one. There is something so relaxing about sitting in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am into warm crackling fires as well. I do apre skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for Lucy! Why is it that your answer to #6 did not surprise me? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK - can you have Lucy talk with Harvey!!!! He's 6 months old now & we still can't leave him out of his kennel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your husbands thoughts on number 7! Hubby and I both loved Saving Mr. Banks. Great movie! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, it's here now, that was weird, I went to it twice! I agree, do the right thing first. They have two days two parks $129. going on right now here for CA residents. I so want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great quote, and so true!
    Congrats to Lucy! She sounds like a 'keeper' :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to see that movie. We just don't get to movies much. Not sure why. I also want to see Frozen, but maybe need to take the granddaughters so we don't get funny looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back to Disney? Like the thought from your husbands sermon! Way to go Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy