If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Click the button to the left to join in and play along.


1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?
I kinda felt that way tonight at Bible Study and I'm the facilitator.  Didn't get much sleep last night and the last 2 days at work have been pretty busy and it seemed to come to a head tonight.  I felt very distracted.  Fortunately our ladies are very sweet and forgiving. Praying God will help me to get it together before next week. 

2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going? Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?
I have never been to Mardi Gras and I have no desire to go.  I have been New Orleans and I would like to go back there some day.  I probably have more purple in wardrobe, and green is more prevalent in my home.


3. Are you old fashioned?
In some ways yes, and in some ways no.  And that's all I'm saying.

4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?
I like to have some general ideas of some of the things we want to accomplish but be spontaneous about when and how we do them.

5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?
How about hot fudge?  Does that count as a sauce.  I like it on ice cream, of course.

6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?
 Child abuse

7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?
Cincinnati Reds...only because they are our local team.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I got nothing right now.  I can't think of a single thing.  I think I'm just too tired.  I would like to say thank you Joyce for all the work you do in this Hodgepodge.  I know I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does too.


11 comments:

  1. Does hot fudge count? Of course it counts! : ) I almost said my mom's homemade hot fudge sauce as my answer. It's a rare treat these days. Hope you're feeling better...some weeks are like that. What Bible Study are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing worse than being tired. Hope you rest up good tonight. And hot fudge?. Should have thought of that. I say for sure it is a sauce! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no desire to go to Mardi Gras, either. Just isn't for me. I have been feeling pretty worn out lately, too...I think Shaun T is working me too hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to visit New Orleans, just not at Mardi Gras time! With your help I did like having a plan for my days at Disney World. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hot fudge! I love that,too, but didn't think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like my vacations somewhat planned out as well. Boy does some hot fudge sauce sound good!! Hope you get rested up. I hate when lack of sleep makes you into a grouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I didn't think of planning lessons, but having to come up with something every week can be very stressful at times. Yes, hot fudge definitely counts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm beyond exhausted myself ... and I think it's going to be a VERY early bedtime tonight. I could tell that I wasn't quite on top of my game with the grands this afternoon, and I don't want to risk being the crabby Nana! ha!

    We haven't been to New Orleans since 15 years or more ... we talk about going back, but we just can't pull ourselves away from Hilton Head. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being too busy and tired is not a good combination; I sure felt it yesterday. Hot fudge is a great answer- who doesn't like that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever had Sanders hot fudge? SCRUMTRULESCENT!!!!!! Totally a sauce in my book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy