If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thankful Thursday



It's Thursday so that means it's time to be Thankful.  Click here to link up with Rebecca Jo. 

*  Waking up early and having time to read the Bible
*  Breakfast with hubby on Friday morning before work.
*  A good chiropractor who is helping to keep me loosened up.
*  Walked a 5K Saturday morning...now I just need to pick up the pace some. 
*  Supper, shopping and visiting with my sisters Saturday evening.
*  Some new yarn for either a hat or boot cuffs/toppers and it was on clearance.
*  Received a call from Kelli (who is in Cuba) and they survived the storm well.  However today (Thursday) they are still in Cuba with no electric and their flight tomorrow is cancelled.  Rescheduled now for next week.
*  Started the "Armor of God" Bible Study Tuesday.
*  Kerri's birthday was yesterday.  So thankful she is my daughter.
*  Today is my work anniversary.  I've been here 41 years now.  Thankful for how this job has provided for us all these years.

So that's some of the things I'm thankful for.  What about you?

Cathy

4 comments:

  1. 41 years?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??! WHAT? Did you start working when you were 3?

    Clearance yarn. Oh yes friend!!!! I high five you on that.

    So proud of you getting in all those walks & 5k's lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What - 41 years? Wow! I love the whole passage of the Armor of God - so many wonderful reminders that we don't have to do this life alone or without God's protection. Good job on the 5k! With the weather cooling down, I hope to get out walking more - it's a sanity saver for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful to hear that your daughter in Cuba is okay. I've been praying for her ever since you mentioned that she was there. Praying she will "weather" the lack of electricity and come home filled with stories of God's goodness and provision for her. Thank you for all these things you've shared. So much to praise Him for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 41 years is something to be proud of! You rarely hear of anyone staying with a job that long these days.
    YES! to waking up early for time in the Word and prayer. Since I don't eat breakfast I've been trying to do my devotions in the morning before I leave for work. The days seem to go so much better when I do.
    Thank the Lord your daughter is okay!
    The Armor of God study is a good one. I am sure you will enjoy it and get much from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy