If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Thankful Thursday


It's Thursday, which means it's time to be thankful.  Click here to join in with Rebecca Jo and let's be thankful together.

I'm so thankful for the beautiful weather expected today.  The sun is shining and it's going to get warmer as the day goes.  Loving this so much.

I'm so thankful that hubby and I have a trip planned for next week.  This morning he told me he wished we could stay a night longer than we planned.  So I called them and the room was available.  Thank you Lord that now we have an extra day to enjoy your beautiful creation next week.  And I know I don't have to be traveling to enjoy His creation.  I try to do it most every day.  But with vacation, there is no rushing and pressure.  Thank you Lord so much for this blessing.

I'm so thankful for my family heritage too.  I was blessed to come from two wonderful christian families.  Below is a picture of both sets of my grandparents.  This was actually two pictures and my sister put them together to make one.  I had forgotten all about this until I ran across it on FB the other day.

Mom's parents                                                                                      Dad's parents
I may be writing more about this stuff in the future, as hubby and I just had our DNA done and I'm contemplating working on our family tree again.

Anyway, these are some of the things I am thankful for today.  How about you?  What are you thankful for?

Cathy

2 comments:

  1. How cool to research family tree things. I have a cousin that is obsessed with it & I love her findings - & that I dont have to do the work of it :)
    Have a great time on your trip! Take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for an extra day away! We are finally going to get away for a long weekend in June. I cannot wait. It's been ages since my hubby's done anything but work.

    My son and his wife have had their DNA done and several of my friends have, too. I found one that breaks it down a bit more than the Ancestry one and there's a coupon on Groupon so maybe now is the time to finally do it. Though I am curious to know who they'd connect me with on Ancestry.com.

    What a blessing to have such strong Christian roots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy