If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

Currently

I am:

Reading…Nothing at the moment.  Finished my last book last weekend.  I'm sure I'll start something new this weekend.

Listening to…Waylon & Willie "Mammas Don't Let your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys.  Kinda in a classic country music mood the last day or so.

Loving…the time at home with my hubby and dog in the evenings and on the weekends.

Thinking…it's time to read another book on video for my grandson.  "Old MacDonald Had A Farm" coming up next.  It's going to be so fun making all the animal sounds for him.  Hopefully it'll make him laugh.  


Feeling…blessed because my friends and family are all healthy.

Celebrating…being alive

Grateful…for a short visit with my mother-in-law last evening (from a safe distance) and see that she really is doing okay with all that's going on.

Weather…gray overcast day and it’s cold, but at least the rain has stopped.

Enjoying…a couple of documentaries on space and the Apollo and Gemini flights and planning to watch Apollo 13 this weekend.

A Thought to Share…


Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

16 comments:

  1. Ummm…(big grin and giggling) thanks, I am now humming that song, lol.

    I just love your last graphic, indeed...and eat dessert. ((more grins))

    Have a great weekend, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my father got older he started saying "Life's Short, Eat Dessert first" and he actually did. Sure made it hard for this mama to get her girls to eat dinner first. lol

      Delete
  2. Haha! I love that quote! Pass the dessert! Have a blessed weekend, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Eat Dessert First" is what my hubby says!!! I'm glad to be back, too - I'm feeling more and more like myself these days - back to normal, but I'm not sure that's a good thing...LOL! What a special thing to do for your grandson - reading to him! HOPE that'll be something he'll cherish for many years to come. HOPE you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Waylon and Willie and the boys …." (Ah, yessss.)
    I saw Jim Lovell being interviewed on the Today Show a few days ago and actually got choked up. I'm going to look for those documentaries to see if they're not still being shown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are on Netflix and one was on the Command Center and Jim Lovill was actually on that one. And the other was about Gene Cernan. Very good.

      Delete
  5. Funny last quote about the Titanic. Makes you think! LOL. I would love to hear you read the book to your grandson. I know he will love hearing all the animal sounds. That is such fun. Just enjoy living life each day...that is all we can do right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Willie Nelson song is the song dad wanted played at his funeral... & we just couldnt LOL... I always say up to the Heavens - Sorry dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have really liked your dad!

      Delete
  7. How sweet to read a book to your grandson. That's a good movie. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in Nashville last November, and the honky tonks I enjoyed the most were the ones whose bands played old, classic country. I really don't like video chat, but I recognize that it is a great way to be connected with people who are far away. So, I love that you reading to your grandson that way. If his parents are looking for more video story time opportunities in these trying times, my daughter (who is a librarian) has started doing story times on Facebook. It's called Safe at Home Storytime. Here's a link to the page. https://www.facebook.com/safeathomestorytime/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARBMNqCVJVypB7QEAXPYxfdlcPe0JsGWZElBK6P6m_qrQhzGreccSoo0eaMr9ZjOCDmDlQZ6YOzQkTgT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the link should stop after the back slash. not sure what all the other stuff is.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy